What it's like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What it's like

Every day, I wonder if she still loves me. She says yes but she's so loveable anyone could snap her up. Our relationship must stay secret, which also complicates matters. When I am honored with time for a phone call, we talk for hours. I love hearing her voice. Otherwise it's just text messages. I'm usually the one who initiates a message. She seldom does. My favorite sound in the whole world is the text sound my phone makes when she texts. Makes my heart skip a beat. We only get to meet at random times, as opportunities become available. Hope drives us, someday we hope to be together. For I am in love, for the last time in my life.

Hi and welcome.

Why should your relationship stay secret ? I think that at your age, relationships shouldn't be secret. People may think whatever they want, they might approve or disapprove it, but a secret relationship sounds like something teenagers do.. (I did it when I was a teen or a young adult because my family wasn't comfortable with LDRs which started online - of course, not anymore)

Her behavior, in texts, in calls, and when you meet in person, tells whether she really loves you or she doesn't. It's not only about saying "I love you". If she is serious, it doesn't matter how lovable she is. She chose you, so she's not going to flirt with others. In this case, there's nothing to worry about.

To me, just the fact the relationship has to stay secret is a bit bothersome. Maybe I'll understand it better when there'll be an explanation to this.

Comment

It has to remain secret for now because she's sure her family would freak and disown her.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Here is advice from my own experience that I offer to folks who get caught up in waiting for the next text from their partner:

Are you a student? If yes, go to school. Focus on school.
        Are you gainfully employed? If yes, go to work and be present at work.
        Have friends? If yes, spend time with them. Enjoy yourself.
        Have hobbies? If yes, spend time on your hobbies.
        Have family? If yes, spend time with them.
        Have interests? If yes, spend time on those things you are interested in.
        Have internet? Read about the stages of relationships so that you will be knowledgeable about how relationships grow.
        Exercised today? If not, go for a walk or jog or bike ride. Get active.
        If you answered no to all of the above, change your life so that you can answer yes to some of these things.

Be a whole person so that you can be a whole person in a relationship. Become a priority and have a great relationship with yourself. Do not rely on your partner to complete you. Be a complete person whose partner is a positive addition to your life.

Comment

We talked, for our usual 2 hours, all is well for now. We will meet soon. Then heaven, then apart again.

Comment

Working...
          X