holiday question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

holiday question

soo, for you couples who have been together for a while, or even ones that haven't but have an opinion

how do you both decide who's house to go to for what holidays?

this will be eric and i's first year of the holiday season, and we arn't sure how we are going to decide who's house to go to for the different holidays, all we know is.. we want to be with each other!
    <3
    sigpic

alternate would be my only guess....but how to decide the first? I think you should come here first only because its your turn in our "rotation"
    My <3 is in Connecticut

Comment

I can handle leaving (at the airport) a lot better than Elina does, so I usually to prefer if I go there, so I leave her at the airport. She just cant do it, when she's the one who has to leave. Then I have to push her away and -.- It's horrible..

What we're doing now is, she'll come here for a week, and we fly to Finland together and I stay there for a week and fly back..

We're doing that in 31 days. I cant wait

Comment

My SO is coming here because my parents really want to meet him and aren't comfortable with me going to see him yet. I'm an adult, but since I live with my parents, I don't mind doing something to make them feel a little more relaxed about it before I take off to visit.

I guess when you decide who should come first, just decide which way it's more convenient for the 2 of you. Or maybe you're in a situation like I am where your family would feel better meeting him before you visit him. If neither way is any better, you could always flip a coin. :P

Comment

Hopefully if my dad gives the okay, i shall be spending the holidays with my bf in New York where he lives!
          I'm actually really excited i haven't had a real snowy, cold, icy, etc Christmas since i lived in Romania
          Yay me

Comment

It depends on the situation at the moment, what is more feasable.

Comment

This will be Obi and I' third Christmas together o.O scary to think about! Haha

The first Christmas was Canada, because that's when we first met in person, the second was in Australia because he'd come over to meet my family and take me to grad and all that.. and this year we're in Canada for Christmas, but my family will also be in Canada, so it's the best of both worlds.

I'd like to have a rotation like that permanently, One Christmas with his family, one with mine and one with both. And if we were prepared in advance for it each year, I'm sure it would become financially viable. But really, it just depends what country we're in at the time.
              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

yeah i mean it has nothing to do with the normal trips because those we have down pact, we just switch on and off, i go visit him, he comes to me, and so on and so forth.. however.. the holidays will be different because we obviously both want to be with our families for them

and it's not a matter of meeting each others families because thats already happen a few times, it's just deciding who will go where first strictly for the holidays, and it's tough!
                <3
                sigpic

Comment

Oh, then he goes to your family first because that's the gentlemanly thing to do.
                  or you could call a vote or something lol
                  Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

This will be me and Travis's first Christmas together as well, and he's coming here for December 23-28.

Comment

Well my boyfriend and I are actually from the same city, he's just gone off to university somewhere else...so he's coming home for the holidays...I don't really need to pack up and go anywhere.

Comment

Well I am going to my SO's for the holiday period. I get to Germany on the 27th November and stay till the 8th of Jan. She came over here the first time back in february so now its my turn. I mean I will be away from my family but I want to be with my SO and I really want to experience a german christmas and a winter christmas, haven't had one of those in a long time!

Comment

I fly back to my hometown which is where both of our parents live and we spend half days with our families. He gets mornings and afternoons and I get nights. This is gong to be our third Christmas together. =]

Comment

I'm planning to fly over to her just after Christmas, which will be our first time together. I just makes sense to me to do it that way first: I've got more money at my disposal; I've travelled a fair bit, she's not used to it - which combined with the inevitable nerves would probably not make for the most comfortable first international flight ever; the weather over there will likely be a lot more pleasant (England in the winter, with its somewhat random nature, may not be the best welcome in the world); and I am just that little bit more confident in the whole situation than her - she's very worried that I won't like her if we meet (which I maintain is bunkum), so I think it'll be a lot easier for her to be on home turf, with her friends and family around.

Comment

Our is determined by money. Matt will be here in America for Thanksgiving, but Christmas will be at each other's own places since we can't afford another set of tickets. And holiday travel around that time is really expensive - tickets go up by $1000.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Working...
                              X