Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent advice needed (Spanish speakers help?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent advice needed (Spanish speakers help?)

Hello all,

I need some urgent advice with my four year relationship with my Mexican girlfriend. Obviously like with most long distance relationships we have had our fair share of trials so far. The distance has obviously had an impact on things like feeling secure and we have had a few times of jealousy. Largely, we have managed to work things through so far by being open and respectful with each other.

Tonight however, something has happened that has put me in an awful position. My girlfriend sent me a snapshot of her phone, to show me how busy her group chat was with some old school friends on her WhatsApp. I noticed however, that near the bottom of the list, she was in a group chat with some female friends she had.

In the chat she had made a post, it was definitely from her because the message had the two blue ticks to show the message had been received. It was a picture message with the little camera icon and next to it she put "Mi amigito Mark" with a drooling face, hearts for eyes and a devil face. I instantly felt a twinge of panic and translated this word and roughly translated it apparently can mean extramarital lover? or friends with benefits? I don't know though if I translated it correctly because my Spanish is not good.

I am really freaking out right now, my heart feels like a lead weight and I desperately want to say something to her but I don't want to be rash and come across as insecure. What do you guys think? Could it be innocent?

Not a Spanish speaker (I mean, I know enough to tell you that the -ito ending is usually diminutive and cute, but cultural context is key), but you should just ask her about it. You're already feeling insecure enough to be concerned about it, and it's better to get that out into the open and address it than to let it sit and fester.
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
      Not a Spanish speaker (I mean, I know enough to tell you that the -ito ending is usually diminutive and cute, but cultural context is key), but you should just ask her about it. You're already feeling insecure enough to be concerned about it, and it's better to get that out into the open and address it than to let it sit and fester.
      Hello Kitty, thank you very much for your response. Yeah I think you are right. It is a horrible feeling because I don't want to come across as like possessive or anything which I know can be extremely unattractive but I do care so much for her and it is eating me up inside I guess being in distance communication is especially key isn't it?

Comment

You don't even have to accuse or confront her. Just be curious and ask what it means.

Comment

Hey, don't rush into conclusions, you don't know the context of the conversation. Maybe it's just some girl talk and it's not specifically about you even if your name in it, or maybe it is about you but sometimes girls love to tease their bf n some way that may seem rude but in reality they love them a lot ... ask her smoothly what does that mean and don't confront her directly , in a harsh way .
          Wish you all the good luck 😊 keep us updated .

Comment

Working...
          X