Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I broke up with my long distance boyfriend but I regret doing it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I broke up with my long distance boyfriend but I regret doing it...

Hello...me and my boyfriend were in long distance relationship. We were together for two months. In the beginning of the relationship, he would say he missed me lots and that he loves me but later as time goes...a week before I broke up with him, he became distant and I feel ignored. In long distance relationship what's important is the communication. I told him to open up but since he's a closed person he won't openly share what he's feeling. That was the second time he's pulling away from me. So I thought that maybe he's lost interest and to save me from breaking my heart, I ended with him first. But I regret it as soon as I send that break up message to him. But now he's ignoring my break up message and won't say anything. Even though I want to get back to him, it's impossible for me to do so. He must be furious with me by now. I think he even hates me. What to do? I really miss him. I wish I was more patient while waiting for him to open up with me. Please help...

What to do? Nothing. Forget him. Sorry to say so, but you broke up. Wanting him back, might feel for him you'll play with his feelings. The reason he ignores you can be just self protection. You made a mistake, learn from it. But don't chase him - that might turn into stalking. Sorry to hear about your feelings, and I understand. Just don't chase. No matter how hard it is, try to forget about him, learn from your mistake, and in time find someone else.
    Good luck, stay strong.
    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

How long ago was it? If it wasn't too long ago, you might still be able to get him back. Distance relationship comes with a lot of insecurities and you both are only 2 months in, so you probably haven't gotten over many of the insecurities yet. That's probably also why this happened. And i have to say this is your mistake. Break up is not something that should be said easily. Being in love means you should think for your other half but you chose to be selfish and only think of yourself which led to this. I believe 2 persons being in love means they have to grow together, so it would be great if you both can learn something from this. That's why i encourage you to get him back, if you really love him. But please next time, think twice of your actions. Whatever you do can affect however he feels. If he did this to you how would you feel etc. Next time try asking yourself that before you take these kind of actions and talk to him properly first. Love can hurt and painful, but if you choose the easy way out, you will lose more than a short periods of unhappiness.

It's pretty much up to him now whether or not you both still have a chance. The best you could do is show that you are sincere and sorry about what you did and try to get through to his heart with your intent. If you still love him and he still loves you, you probably will be able to get back together. But dont chase him back if you're not resolute enough, otherwise same thing might happen again.

For reference; me and my girlfriend has fought a lot too and broke up many times. But we really loved each other so everytime we got back together after a week or two, sometimes shorter. Like your boy, at the beginning i didnt share much about my thoughts or feeling too, because a im naturally a closed person. My girlfriend told me many times to open and tell her how i feel, which didn't happen over night and took quite a while. But eventually i opened up more and more.

Well for love, it will workout as long as you love each other. But it also require you to put in effort and be brave. If you really love him, go for it girl. Otherwise you might regret it later. Hwaiting!

Comment

I agree with MikeLee. ^^

You point it out yourself, the key is communication. So I would just try to use that, communicate with your Love why things went how they did and work it out together. If he is ready for it and wants to give it a chance again, then you can maybe find your way back. With writing an apology to him you at least try and show some respect and effort. Some things need time, if you are patient you could be rewarded though.

All the best to you

Comment

Originally posted by erwin1973 View Post
          What to do? Nothing. Forget him. Sorry to say so, but you broke up. Wanting him back, might feel for him you'll play with his feelings. The reason he ignores you can be just self protection. You made a mistake, learn from it.
          I'm gonna agree with Erwin here, because of something you've probably not thought of yet. Put yourself in his shoes for a minute and think how you'd feel if he'd broken up with you, then suddenly had a change of heart and came crawling back. You'd be confused, probably angry that he'd want to throw you away one minute, then take you back the next. I dated a girl a few years that did this to me, she broke up with me, then realised what she'd done and came crying back to me acting like it was my fault we'd broken up (when in reality we'd both just been busy with life and she took it personally that i didn't have as much time for her as i had before) we did get back together after that, but it was never the same. I was always really paranoid she'd break up with me again over something insignificant, and our relationship became really toxic and unhealthy.

Of course, relationships can work after a break up, but they're a lot harder and have to have so much more effort put into them. If he does agree to get back with you, you definitely need to become before patient with him and learn to let him move at his own pace. my SO just now is sort of closed off and when her mental illness gets bad she blocks all emotions which is really hard to deal with, but i'm patient with her and let her have her own time and space and help her work through things at her own pace. Closed people don't stay closed forever, eventually they start to open up but it's on their terms when they feel safe and loved.
          my girls <3

Josie (SO)
          Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
          Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
          Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
          Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
          Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
          Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
          Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
          All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment