Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unexpected extended stay!

Sooooo.... Yesterday was CRAZY lol :P
    We left 2 1/2 hours early to get to the airport because it takes about 30 minutes to get there and you are always supposed to arrive 2 hours early for your flight... Well they closed some bridge and it ended up taking us 2 1/2 hours to get there because of the traffic!!! We got there like 15 minutes before my plane was scheduled to leave so we rushed in, got my ticket and ran to the check-in where they told me that I couldn't go past because my ID was expired... (my birthday just passed) Well, they finally work something out with that and I get like 2 seconds to say goodbye to Anthony (which was horrible) and I hurry to my gate and barely make it on.
    Well I'm sitting there the captain comes on and says that we got out of the gate early which is good but its kind of like "rush-hour" at the airport right now so there are many other planes trying to take off at the same time and we have to wait in line. So we are sitting there and about 20 minutes later he says that now, there are big storms in the West and we have to delay for an hour and a half! I was stuck on that dumb plane for about 3 1/2 hours before they finally got us back to the gate and unloaded because my flight ended up cancelled due to the weather.
    The GOOD NEWS is that Anthony came and got me from the airport and I get 3 extra days with him!!!! <3
    Met: 2.20.10
    Started Dating: 4.22.10
    Been an LDR since: 4.22.10
    First time meeting irl: 6.28.10 - 7.18.10
    Last time I saw my SO: 9.16.10 - 9.22.10
    Closed the Distance: 10.9.10

Ugh sorry you had to go through that! BUT YAY! A bonus of 3 days...how wonderful!! Make the most of it!
    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

One of the few times where a delay is a blessing in disguise. ^^ Yay three extra days!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

eric had a whole stupid delay day where his flight got cancelled as well.. but that was on the day he got here

i'm happy for you that you get to spend extra time with him! thats great! have funnnn
        <3
        sigpic

Comment

YAY! Luckyy.

Comment

arent delays amazing! On Simon visit in Janurary til Feburary he was suppose to leave a few days before Valentines Day. Well this was the time of the Iceland Volcano and they canceled his flight because it wasn't safe. Needless to say I was overjoyed and he got to stay an extra week and for Valentines Day!

Comment

Ah, delays. Hidden blessings in disguise!
              Three extra days rocks! Good for you! =D

Comment

Yay! I'm happy for you!

That reminds me of when Joe drove down here to see me one time and he left late in the afternoon and a few hours later he was back because he had stopped for gas and ended up going the wrong way on the freeway. He decided to drive back here because he didn't have enough money to get a hotel by himself and didn't have the energy (or money) to drive all the way home. (It's like a 5 hour drive.) I got an extra day with him! Even though I had to work, lol.

Comment

Man I'm jealous. The only time we've been hit with flight delays was preventing Penn from getting here. This was back at Christmas time when most of the east coast got hit with over a foot of snow. He was delayed two whole days, ended up flying into a different city entirely and taking the train home.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Awwww that's amazing! I wish Andy would have that kind of delay sometime when he visits me...
                    Have fun and enjoy your unexpected time together!

Comment

Haha that's great! Even if it was a bit messy how it came about

And babe, we had an extra 8 days in the summer remember?
                      In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                      Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                      Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                      My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Working...
                      X