Moving to him...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to him...

Hi, I'm new to this group, I love reading through everyone's posts and seeing how many other people are in my situation too.... But mines not a bad one.

My boyfriend lives in Egypt, I'm from the uk, we have been talking every day for 3 years and I couldn't be more obsessed with him, he lived in England for 5 years but moved back as he didn't really like it. He runs his own excursion buisness in Sharm el sheikh, I fly out as often as I can, I went September 2017, December 2017 and my next booked one is May 2018....

Fortunately I run my own buisness to so I'm very flexibile and am able to fly out when I can or feel I need to... But this is the part where it gets hard for me, one day I won't be able to leave him it gets harder every single time, we FaceTime and talk numerous times a day but it's just not the same is it ey? I run a successful buisness which fortunately brings me a lot of money in and gives me a good life here, but also if I moved to be with him I would be loosing it all? Do you risk it all for love? im not ready right now, but I know someday soon I won't come back, I just don't want to make a big huge mistake? I'm at my happiest when I'm in Sharm, it's my happy place and I know I will be happy there it's just a massive decision for me and i don't know how I'm going to make it? Ahhhhh

Would really appreciate any thoughts or advice anyone has, thankyou

Welcome to LFAD!

Is it possible to move your business to Egypt? Or manage your UK business from afar if you live in Egypt? Maybe there are things you can do now to set things in motion, so you can transition the business into something where you don’t have to be there 100% of the time to manage it? Ultimately, you should do what makes you the happiest, but you’ll feel so much more at ease about moving if you’re not giving up your business entirely I think. Giving up a business you have worked so hard on would be difficult for anyone.
    Read my LDR story!
    Facebook
    Instagram

Comment

Thanks for you reply , not really, I'm a dance teacher, I own a dance school here and I also don't want to leave my kids and moms and friends plus a buisness..... It's a hard one because I know one day I'm going to have to make the decision..... But I love how it is right now flying out every couple of months but it's getting harder and harder and I just don't know what to suggest :/ x

Comment

Hey! It's so nice that you get to see him every few months. Also, being a dance teacher sounds absolutely fun. Is it possible that you can do some research and see if you can start that business up where he lives? I know that closing a business and starting over in another country can be risky, so inevitably this is something you have to decide for yourself, but it may be at least worth checking to see if it's possible to start over. Like Michelle said, if you're not giving it up entirely, I think you'll feel a lot better.

Comment

Working...
        X