Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make LDR work - 2 Year LDR & Marriage on the Horizon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make LDR work - 2 Year LDR & Marriage on the Horizon!

Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself & share. I've been in an LDR relationship for over 2 years now, and we are looking to get married soon. He lives in England & I'm in the USA but I spent 9 months there with him. We just had the 2 year anniversary of our first IRL meeting, and I wrote a blog entry about LDRs and my tips for couples at my website thepixiedust dot com. (Hope that's okay to post, just proud of it and it covers some of our story!)

Just wanted to say hi, and offer some encouragement that yes, it can work and be successful even if it's really hard. Knowing that other people have successfully pulled it off can really be helpful. It's been a struggle but it's worth it.

Hi and welcome.
    Good to hear you're doing so well. When is the big day?
    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Originally posted by erwin1973 View Post
      Hi and welcome.
      Good to hear you're doing so well. When is the big day?
      Thank you! We're looking at Feb 2019 now, but nothing is set in stone. There are a few financial loose ends to tie up first. Hopefully we get it all wrapped up asap!

Comment

Nice. I hope too, that all will work out as you hope. What's the intention? Marrying in Europe or in the States?
        Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Originally posted by erwin1973 View Post
          Nice. I hope too, that all will work out as you hope. What's the intention? Marrying in Europe or in the States?
          We plan on getting married in Florida, where I'm from. That way my siblings can be there. Then we'll settle in England.

Comment

Congratulations on the engagement.

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
              Congratulations on the engagement.
              Thank you so much!

Comment

Congratulations! Weddings are always very exciting and to have an LDR background just makes it that much more exciting. Florida sounds like an amazing place for a wedding. Have fun planning it all and once again, congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Lyssa View Post
                  Congratulations! Weddings are always very exciting and to have an LDR background just makes it that much more exciting. Florida sounds like an amazing place for a wedding. Have fun planning it all and once again, congratulations!
                  Thank you!!! We're doing it realllly simple, we considered a courthouse thing but I think we're just going to have a really small family ceremony on the beach with a nice dinner afterwards. It'll be a lot of fun.

Comment

Congratulations! That's amazing!

Comment

Working...
                    X