Struggling today. :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struggling today. :(

Ok, so I'm one of those people who is extremely socially conscious and cares about EVERYTHING. I can't help it - I've been this way my entire life. I just can't switch off and not care.

Today is one of those days when everything is getting to me. I've had family conflict in the last few months, I'm seething about world issues, having communication issues with my daughter's father, and am just generally frustrated and pi**ed off.

All I want is for my SO to put his arms around me and give me a big hug so I can relax in to his arms and feel better. And he's not here, and I hate it.

Anyone else have days like this?

I know how you feel, I have days like that all too often and sometimes knowing the one you love isn't within arms' reach makes it worse. But hey, at least you aren't alone and you have a place like here to come and have people who understand.

Comment

Yes. Yes. Yes.

I hope things get better for you hon. Tomorrow is a new day. HUGS
      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

YES! My life is sooo crazy and all I would love to do is to come home to the arms of my man. i hate that feeling.

Comment

I had one of these days not so long ago. Just relax and think of all the good things you have in your life

Comment

I'm with you =[ I had one of those days just this week!
            Just gotta shake it off, snuggle up and eat your favorite candy/ice cream and sleep the horrible day away and make way for a new one!

Comment

I'm so sorry you're feeling down.. if it's any consolation you're obviously not alone

I had two days like these, yesterday and the day before.. and I managed to get myself all worked up just before bed, texting him and asking "what if he suddenly realized that he wasn't in love with me anymore?" even though I kinda knew he was asleep.. I came to my senses later and immidiately regretted sending it, but he actually CALLED me first thing the following morning reassuring me.. even though calling from Africa freaking expensive between cellphones..
              God, I love that guy he always knows just how to handle my "fits"

Comment

I've been moody and angry all week and couldn't work out why. A news story has thrown me totally for a loop.

It was about a little girl who was born 12 weeks premature. Her parents were visiting her twice a day at the same hospital my sons were born at. Their car went off the road late at night, after a visit, and they were both killed. Her relatives were fighting for who would get custody of her but she died on the day of her parents funeral. I'm weeping again, poor little angel. I guess she just wanted to be with her parents. Her mother also left behind 5 other children who are grieving. So sad. Life is so unfair sometimes.

I've been brave all day but now he is asleep I can have a little weep and be thankful for what I have. I just want him here so I can hug him and cry til I stop.

Comment

Thanks for the support everyone. I guess this is just part of the whole long distance thing. Eternity, that's so sad.

Comment

yeah especially lately!!

Comment

He reckons he's going to stay over there for around another year - year and a half so he can save up; the pay is a lot better over there and we both have debts that need paying off. But I don't know if I can cope with not being with him for that long. I miss him really badly.

Comment

You're not alone with this..

What works for me most of the times is reading some stories around the world about people who are not as lucky as me, like Eternity wrote things like that are so sad and unfair and they put everything in proportion for me, I have an amazing boyfriend who loves me, I'm healthy and I've got a roof over my head.

Yeah, we might be apart from our SO's most of the time in a year but that only makes the relationship so much stronger and our feelings grow deeper.
                        Keep your chin up and try to stay positive, tomorrow is another day

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
                          You're not alone with this..

What works for me most of the times is reading some stories around the world about people who are not as lucky as me, like Eternity wrote things like that are so sad and unfair and they put everything in proportion for me, I have an amazing boyfriend who loves me, I'm healthy and I've got a roof over my head.

Yeah, we might be apart from our SO's most of the time in a year but that only makes the relationship so much stronger and our feelings grow deeper.
                          Keep your chin up and try to stay positive, tomorrow is another day
                          well said, there a couples on here or not on here that have it worse then some of us. such as military couples who barely see one another 9 months out of the year and can only make contact with there loved ones when they are able to! I commend those people who can do that because i would never be able to do that, it takes a special person to be able to handle that type of situation

Comment

I really hope you feel better tomorrow. Day to day it can be so hard and it varies so much. From being elated when you get to talk to them to being so desperately lonely when the world gets on top of you. Ex issues make me crazy as well. Can you schedule some extra time to speak with him?

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean. Sometimes it's hard not to feel like you've got the weight of the world on your shoulders. I find it hard to snap myself out of it but when Tanja's feeling the same I usually tell her that things aren't so bad at all, we're very lucky, at least we've met each other, that's the hard part

As for everything else I actually find it quite easy to snap myself out of that because I know how lucky I am, and it doesn't take much thinking for me to realise that
                              In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                              Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                              Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                              My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Working...
                              X