Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone has experience with visiting their spouse in the US on a tourist visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone has experience with visiting their spouse in the US on a tourist visa?

My husband and I are going to be meeting at the end of this month but we've heard it would be harder for me to visit because the CBP officer might think I want to stay. Anyone had any experience and can tell me what it was like for them? What papers did you bring? What did they ask? Any advice would be helpful.

I can't comment on this personally, but I'm sure there are other members here who could assist

Comment

I don't have personal experience either, but I've been doing a lot of US-visa research for the past couple of months, so I can only repeat what I've read.

You should definitely hold a copy of the flight reservation for your return flight. Without that, you might not even be able to get on the plane.
      Other than that, make sure to bring any kind of documentation to prove that you intend on going back to your home country. Get a letter from your employer, saying he expects you back at work by this day. Get a copy of the documentation of any property you own or a your lease document. Really, anything you can think of. Having too much is always better than not having enough.

If you have already filed for a CR1 visa, bring a copy of your application to show that you're wanting to take the legal path and have no interest in committing immigration fraud.

Comment

Working...
      X