Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you feel about getting this message?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you feel about getting this message?

To sum it up: things have just been…*off… with my boyfriend and I.
    He's been in/out of hospital because he has a lot of chronic health issues (type-1 diabetes, seizures, etc).
    I've been busy with graduating high school and getting a job so I can go see him this August, which is later than what both of us want.
    So, in short, we both have had a little more than usual on our plates.

But, last night, he sent me these two messages:
    "I'm not coping with anything."
    "I'm just ehh about long distance it makes it really hard"

My anxiety is taking these messages and running with them, and it's getting really hard NOT to blow up his phone
    with messages and questions.
    He hasn't messaged me back since I sent them, which isn't expected, because it's currently 5am in Melbourne.

But, I can't help but feel a little confused by these messages.
    I'm scared that he's going to break up with me because I can't go visit him for graduation like we planned.
    I feel like he's really fed up with ME, personally.

Am I being too sensitive?
    Please note, I have an anxiety disorder,
    so sometimes getting messages like these make me even more confused

Originally posted by Uschi View Post
    To sum it up: things have just been…*off… with my boyfriend and I.
    He's been in/out of hospital because he has a lot of chronic health issues (type-1 diabetes, seizures, etc).
    I've been busy with graduating high school and getting a job so I can go see him this August, which is later than what both of us want.
    So, in short, we both have had a little more than usual on our plates.

But, last night, he sent me these two messages:
    "I'm not coping with anything."
    "I'm just ehh about long distance it makes it really hard"

My anxiety is taking these messages and running with them, and it's getting really hard NOT to blow up his phone
    with messages and questions.
    He hasn't messaged me back since I sent them, which isn't expected, because it's currently 5am in Melbourne.

But, I can't help but feel a little confused by these messages.
    I'm scared that he's going to break up with me because I can't go visit him for graduation like we planned.
    I feel like he's really fed up with ME, personally.

Am I being too sensitive?
    Please note, I have an anxiety disorder,
    so sometimes getting messages like these make me even more confused
    I don't think it's you personally. That's your anxious brain talking. It's not you. None of this is your fault. His feelings about the relationship are not a reflection of your worth.

I think anyone repeatedly in hospital with seizures and other issues would be feeling a bit "ehh" about EVERYTHING in life right now.

Get away from your phone. Go for a run, a walk, do some pushups, just exert your anxiety somehow so it's not all swirling around so much. Remind yourself that nomatter what, you've got this.

I know you're freaking out, and I would be too! I think he could be a bit more direct with you about what's going on, and be more considerate of how he knows this is probably making you feel- but if he's not coping he is probably just as overwhelmed as you, just a different kind.

When things get really dark in an LDR, you have to try to be a light to eachother. Try not to panic and cling when he expresses losing hope. Take a deep break, and reassure him that it will all be ok and that you care about his wellbeing.

Until he tells you in clear terms that it's over, try not to jump to that conclusion. I know it's hard. It's still pretty early over there so just try to stay calm until more time has passed that he's properly wake. The last thing that will get you what you want is him waking up to a slew of "are you dumping me?!?!" messages, you know?

Comment

Working...
    X