Some more advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some more advice

Hello again everyone, I previously posted about need advice about trusting your SO and got some really good replies with that, so I again need some advice, This time about sharing pictures with your SO, as I said in my previous post we’ve been talking for about 2 years and everything has been going great, we text everyday, call at the very least every other day, but the one thing I haven’t seen is what he looks like, I’ve seen just about every other portion of his body (from pictures, and when he turns on his Skype cam to show me something) besides his face, now when I question him a while ago he said because he was nervous, now I totally understand this because the only reason he got a pic of me so early is because I forgot I had one as my Skype profile picture haha, but since then I’ve sent more...But my question to you guys is how long is too long to wait? Should I tell him flat out to send me a picture? Or do I just wait until he is comfortable? I mean at the end of the day it doesn’t matter because I’m in love with him on every other aspect, I just want to know what he looks like. What’s your guys’ opinion on this.

What??? You mean you've been talking to someone online for 2 years and you still don't know what the person looks like ? It sounds like a red flag to me honestly. So, yes you should tell him to send you a picture. Especially in today's society were everybody takes pictures of themselves. It sounds odd to me.
    - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
    First meeting: December 2016
    Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
    Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
    Engaged: December 2017
    Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
    Fifth visit: December 2019
    Wedding: September 2019

Comment

My SO and I were both shy and not willing to share pictures for a good few weeks, but eventually we talked about it and mutually agreed to send actual photos. Have you talked about it with him? There's no harm in having a civil conversation about anything...
      sigpic

Comment

I’ve talked to him about it twice and he says soon, I mean I know it sounds like a red flag but I disagree, like I said I’ve literally seen every other part of him besides his face, from a combination of pics and him turning on his Skype cam...I just don’t want to make it like I’m forcing him, I want him to be comfortable but at the same time, I want to know what he looks like.

Comment

Is he shy about his face? Is it issues like acne/bad facial skin or misshaped teeth? You've work your way up so far. With your partner you gotta work your way up to allowing yourself to being comfortable where you're most uncomfortable. For instance I've told my baby-lady things about myself that normally makes a man more vulnerble. Not to say you two don't engage in this convo, or if there's a hold up. But to truly confide, you can't keep holding back because it may stop the two of you as a unit from reaching your next relationship threshold. My thoughts.

Comment

So he did show you 'every other part' and I assume that includes his privates, but after 2 years you still didn't see his face? Odd... VERY odd... I would have demanded that earlier. Much earlier. Yes, demanded. How can you be in a close relationship without knowing how he looks like???
            Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

I didn't realize it was that long....yeah, I would have made an ultimatum before this anount of time. That's really unfair to you. My mind immediately jumps to all the negative reasons he doesn't want his face known...
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X