Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long Distance Relationships don''t Work...Or Do they???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Distance Relationships don''t Work...Or Do they???

I never thought l would ever be in a long distance relationship. Infact l never believed in them at all. All the horror stories l have head were never gonna happen to me as l was never gonna be in a long distance relationship. One night, on the 13th May 2015 my cousin based in Abu Dabi texted me on whatsapp as we often did once in a while and just said "coz, l just want to connect you to this person". I relactantly agreed. He formed a three way group and introduced us to each other. For the first time in my life l was chatting on whatsapp from 10:00pm till 05:00 the next day. We hit it off instantly. She lives in Capetown, South Africa and am in London, UK. In the last two and a half years life has been sweet. Every morning when we wake up we chat and every night befor bed we chat. I have been to Capetown serveral times and she has come to the UK several times staying as long as six months at a time. This has been the best relationship ever. The distance allowed us to develop a deeper relationship before sex. We also had to learn to trust each other. The best relationship ever is one where you both have unlimited trust for each other. Two and a half years later l proposed and we got married in Capetown on the 16th february 2018. Trust me it was the best wedding ever. We are still many miles apart as she is still in Capetown and am back in the UK. We are looking forward to the time we will be together. At the moment we are trying to navigate the muddy waters of applying for her UK residence visa. We will l hope in the near future be sharing with anyone interested our experience. Experience on the difficulties of beeing many miles apart, experience of getting cheap flights, and that of requirements for applying for residence visa.
    Thank you guy. I would love to encourage those who are on LDR and give tips on how to keep the flames burning.

Hi and welcome.
    Nice story to read and I am happy that all is going so great! Enjoy every second of it.
    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Hello there, thanks for sharing the wonderful story. According to me trust is the only bridge which can help to maintain long distance relationship and I have also seen in many cases that people are in a long distance relationship from last 3 years and they are maintaining it. There are difficulties in maintaining long distance relationship, but you need to have patience. One of my friends is in a long distance relationship and he was depressed about his love life. Last week he visited martine-voyance who helped him in curing his depression and helped him in his love life. I think one can also take the help of professionals.

Comment

Working...
      X