are we going to handle it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are we going to handle it?

my boyfriend and I were together for 2 years now.. well we've knowen each other from 4 years ago.. our relationship wasn't that ordinary one.. we actually lived many struggles before making it to our actual level.. we were best friends for a year and a half since we've knowen each other and then he confessed to me.. we decided to take a break or a so called "fake break up" after a while but we were always close and all.. however after a period of time things went wrong and we started to avoid each other.. the situation lasted for 9 months and I have to mention that we were studying in the same school but not in the same department.. after those 9 months passed and took like forever we were back as best friends and it took from us 8 other months to officially get back together as a couple.. 5 months passed from getting back together and everything is moving smoothly between us.. however since we're studying engineering and he's a major in his department, he had a chance that I personnaly would do my all to make him take it.. He had the chance to study double cursus in one of the best engineering schools in france.. I know it was one of his dreams and I can see sparkels in his eyes whenever we mention it.. we'll be apart for 2 years, obviously we'll see each other in the holidays but I have to wait every 6 months to see him.. I am the sensitive type of a girl and I am crazily in love with him.. I want to overcome all the struggles of a long distance relationships but I am not really sure how to do it.. can anyone please help me?
    Last edited by kyuyes; April 14, 2018, 02:51 AM.

I'd say:

1) communicate as much as you can with your SO. Fights can happen in a LDR but they seem harder to deal with due to the distance. So, learn to communicate efficacely to avoir those fights.
    2) If you fight, don't give him the silent treatment and don't accept it either. Don't block him for stupid reasons either.
    3) don't push away your friends, family because you have to talk to you SO all the time. You will need these people in your life.
    4) Skype, text, phone call. I advice phone call as they help to feel closer and it is easier to avoid misinterpretation. So, you can avoid a fight this way.
    5) Visit as much as you can, for as long as you can. These visits are precious.
    6) Don't spend 10h a day texting or phone calling your SO. You both need your individual space and after a bit, you won't know what to talk about.
    7) Don't stalk his FB if you are the type "jealous". Social medias are good to let your imagination runs.
    8) Jealousy can happen, but you have to remain rational and not let the anxiety wins.
    9) have fun on your on. Do sport, go out, learn to cook, sing at karaoke. Do whatever you need to feel good and happy.
    10) it's never going to be easy. Just try your best. You will struggle. We all do, but the thing is to not let those struggles destroy you, as an individual, and you, as a couple.

Best of luck !
    - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
    First meeting: December 2016
    Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
    Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
    Engaged: December 2017
    Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
    Fifth visit: December 2019
    Wedding: September 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Littlewhiteflower View Post
      I'd say:

1) communicate as much as you can with your SO. Fights can happen in a LDR but they seem harder to deal with due to the distance. So, learn to communicate efficacely to avoir those fights.
      2) If you fight, don't give him the silent treatment and don't accept it either. Don't block him for stupid reasons either.
      3) don't push away your friends, family because you have to talk to you SO all the time. You will need these people in your life.
      4) Skype, text, phone call. I advice phone call as they help to feel closer and it is easier to avoid misinterpretation. So, you can avoid a fight this way.
      5) Visit as much as you can, for as long as you can. These visits are precious.
      6) Don't spend 10h a day texting or phone calling your SO. You both need your individual space and after a bit, you won't know what to talk about.
      7) Don't stalk his FB if you are the type "jealous". Social medias are good to let your imagination runs.
      8) Jealousy can happen, but you have to remain rational and not let the anxiety wins.
      9) have fun on your on. Do sport, go out, learn to cook, sing at karaoke. Do whatever you need to feel good and happy.
      10) it's never going to be easy. Just try your best. You will struggle. We all do, but the thing is to not let those struggles destroy you, as an individual, and you, as a couple.

Best of luck !

Some very good advice here, best of luck to you.

Comment

I agree with the advices. Truth is, that we cannot tell you if you are going to make it. All we can say is: go for it! And good luck.
        Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Working...
        X