Getting engaged !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting engaged !

Hi All, I’m planning on proposing to my girlfriend we have been doing long distance for two years. I’m in the UK and she is in the Us. I’m making the trip over to surprise her and wanted to know we’re I stand with customs and declaring the engagement ring. Do I need to declare the ring in customs (as it will be staying with her obviously when I return) and do I need to tell them my intentions of the trip or will it be sufficient to just say visiting like I always do.

That’s so exciting! I think you do have to declare the ring with customs since it is staying in the country. https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/fi...termark%29.pdf I would bring the receipt with you just in case it is needed. I’m 99% sure saying you are visiting is sufficient.

Best of luck! I hope it goes as planned!
    Read my LDR story!
    Facebook
    Instagram

Comment

Thanks, that's is my worry tbh as 22percent of the ring is quite a lot of money!

Comment

Exciting!! congratualtions!
        yeah i think you should follow the rules just to be safe. as far as the ring, i wouldnt feel comfortable declaring and its so small that maybe it wont matter, but of course do what you feel comfortable doing

Comment

Good luck! Please update us on how the proposal goes.

Comment

Working...
          X