Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any advice how to get to the US to visit boyfriend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any advice how to get to the US to visit boyfriend?

Hey! So my boyfriend and I are from two different countries. I'm from the Philippines and he's from the US. I'm graduating this June and hopefully I will work soon after. But I would want to visit him soon as well and try to find work there. Any advices and recommendations? Thank you in advance. Your suggestions are truly much appreciated! ❤❤

I know getting a Visa can be tricky to the USA. I am American and I do not understand why everything with our visa requirements are so long and difficult. I believe you have to have a job lined up and have your future employer file a form before you can even apply for a work visa . I’m not 100 percent sure about this but you can check the rules and proper steps to follow online. I believe another route is getting a fiancé visa ( K-1) and applying for the right to work in the USA along with it. I hope someone has more information to give you because I am wondering about this as well. Never lie when applying. I have heard that if they believe you will not go back to your country (you do not have any ties home - work , property, spouse/children) and if you do not have enough money to support your entire trip they will deny you or refuse you in customs. Best of luck.

Comment

You can apply for a tourist visa, but you cannot work on it and If the visa officer has any reason to suspect you will break the visa (ie work on it, overstay, immigrate), it will be denied. Technically, to receive a work visa, you need to have a special skillset not readily available to an American employer. I think it would be legally easier for your dude to visit you at this point, or else meet in a neutral country.
      sigpic

Comment

Hello! Thank you for the reply. I don't think we are ready yet for the k1 visa since we're both young. We just really want to meet first. And in my case I would love to see a work opportunity there. I have relatives there but I am not that close enough to them to ask for a petition. But thank you for the very informative response, and the good luck. Very much appreciated!

Comment

Yeah I actually thought of that. I also opened it up to him. But circumstancially and financially speaking we are not yet stable for us to visit in a neutral country especially for him since he is younger and still studying while me I'm hoping to graduate this june and start working. Thank you for the tip tho! Very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X