It's been one of those weeks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been one of those weeks!

This week has been an unusually grueling week for me! I'm not too bothered by our distance (he's in europe and im state side) since we typically will email when he's getting off of work.
    However, the past few days I haven't heard from him and he hasn't responded to my email.
    All i want is to be able to hear his voice again because an email just isn't the same. He was suppose to have internet service set up over a month ago but the internet provider lost his service package and he says he just keeps going back and forth with them on the subject. so i can't skype with him.
    bleh.
    anyway.
    sometimes it feels like he's my boyfriend in theory.
    does anyone else ever feel like this? and does anyone have any advice on what to do when you're feeling down about your whole LDR?
    i feel like i can't even really talk to him about it since its all through email and you can always just avoid the question.

If he's working, that may be the reason he hasn't responded to any e-mail. He may just be busy or stressed out and doesn't want to pass it on to you.

Everyone has a different opinion about what makes a boyfriend/girlfriend but to me it's about how much you care and how much they care back. I mean if we adhered to most of society's view of what a bf/gf is, LDRs would be out of the running as far as actual relationships. Certain things can't get done due to distance, but there are ways to make up for it. It's harder to do that when communication is cut/very limited but it's not impossible. It's very easy to become depressed about the LDR as a whole or even certain aspects, distance and communication being big ones, but I think when you get like that you have to ask 'well are they worth this hurt?' Because really it's what it boils down to, you're enduring pain and general unpleasantness because you love them and you know they're worth the fight.

I think you should tell your guy it's getting to you, that you could use some reassurance from him and of course support so that you can get through this rough patch because you don't want to leave. If he seems like he avoids the subject, bring it up again. You can be assertive about your feelings, it's your right.

Comment

*hugs* everybody has weeks like this. Whenever I feel like this, I read over cute things my boyfriend has sent me and think positive

Comment

I do understand..That's when I take a step back, breathe and reevaluate. It is HARD to talk about things through an email...I sooo get that!
        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

ugh, yeah im having a two week stretch of this bs. sooo i know how your feeling dear, it'll all get better eventually.

Comment

-hugs- I've had a week like this. Just stay positive, smile, breathe and have some dark chocolate and watch a funny movie. For me, that always cures the crappy week blues.

Comment

Originally posted by Kameko View Post
              does anyone else ever feel like this? and does anyone have any advice on what to do when you're feeling down about your whole LDR?
              When you can't talk with him, or you're missing him try focusing on yourself. What made you happy before you met him? Do what you loved to do before him. Do what makes you laugh or feel good. Make a list and then when you are feeling this way - pull out the list and do it

Comment

Working...
              X