Going back into long distance after being together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going back into long distance after being together

My bf of 17 months is now going back home to Texas to help out his family with their financial needs. You see, my bf and I ended the distance back in December when he got out of the military.
    The past 6 months was the best time of my life. I understood the reality of a relationship when he found an apartment close to me in California. The past two months was hard because I sensed that he felt sad and homesick. Being the selfless person I am, I told him that he should go home to help his family. I try to understand the meaning of being in the military for 4 years. He told me he felt extreme guilt knowing his family is falling apart and not knowing how to deal with it. Aside from getting out of the military, you’re being apart from your brothers.
    Saying goodbye to him was hard before he left for Texas. He told me that there’s not knowing when he will be back. But he will make every effort to visit me. That uncertainty makes me feel like he might get bored of me and I fear that he will drift away. I just wish he could be here with me for the rest of our lives.
    This is my first time putting up this post because my family or friends could not understand the feelings that I am going through and I need some sense of comfort from those who know the experience of a long distance relationship. Thanks.
    Last edited by BeawyMamas; June 3, 2018, 12:40 PM.

Hi and welcome. Sounds like you made the right choice it shows you really support him and what he feels is right (caring for his family). Just try keep the communication going and organise regular visits

Comment

Thanks for taking the time into messaging. I know it will be hard for us and he feels extreme guilt for leaving me but this is the best thing we can do for each other. It’s just hard because he has family all the way in Texas and I have mine in California. Either one of us needs to make amends to stay in either state.

Comment

Working...
      X