Favorite things in a visit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite things in a visit?

So besides getting to be with your SO, what are your favorite things about the place where he/she lives?

Food?
    Family members?
    Friends?
    Weather?
    Sites?

I love the sweet tea and fried chicken from Texas! I crave that tea so bad sometimes.

I really like Lisa's grandparents. The first time I met her grandmother, she gave me a hug when I left! I really like her brother too. He's such a mellow guy and he's really funny.

I love the roads in Texas, too. They have these things called "service roads" that are roads that skirt both sides of many highways and freeways. Maybe these are common in other parts of the US, or in other countries?

And holy crap, the stadium where the Dallas Cowboys play is ginormous!
    I'm carrying your love with me.
    West Virginia down to Tennessee.
    I'll be movin' with the good Lord's speed.
    Carrying your love with me.
    It's my strength for holdin' on,
    Every minute that I have to be gone.
    I'll have everything I ever need.
    Carrying your love with me.

~George Strait

I love his family, they're so fun and funny, a real family. You can see how close they are. I also love the food and the sites - Australia has different flavor references than the US, and I in general like the food a lot more. XD

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

The food in Holland was really strange to me, compared with what we eat here. It was all really good though, my SOs dad used to be a professional chef so the food at his house was excellent. I really liked this thing called a turkish pizza though. It's one of my guys favourite foods. It's a doner kebab sortof, but the wrap thingy is covered in pizza stuff before it's rolled up and filled with meat. It was the first time I'd ever had anything like it and it tasted really good.
      I like all of his family. They were all really nice, though there was some difficulties in communication cause they speak dutch, but we managed to get ourselves understood. My SO's best friend was ace. He's freakishly tall and super skinny and very funny. He's a great guy and a good friend. The weather was warmer than at home, which was good, except when I got extremely sunburnt down the beach. That was very painful XD The city where he lives is beautiful, with so many trees and lots of colours, rather than grey and oppressive. I quite liked it there and it's a city I could actually live in, cause normally I really dislike cities as I live in the country and it's so different and too loud for me.

Comment

Well we're both from the same city and he's only moved a few hours drive away so it's not really any different (although the city traffic here is much crappier!) He lives in a tiny dorm room and it'll be a struggle for us both to fit on the bed but that just means extra cuddling, It'll be fun to meet all his school friends and wander around campus though.

I love his family to bits so it's awesome when he comes back home because we go stay at his place and I get to hang out with everyone again.

Comment

I love New Hampshire. It is so different from here. The people are different...it is more laidback and it is BEAUTIFUL and CLEAN there.

Ahhh....12 days!
          NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

I like trying traditional Finnish food, most of it has been really good!
            I like going to grocery stores and trying to figure out what I'm looking at.
            I love Helsinki, it's so safe compared to any US city, and it's a great walking city with excellent public transportation!
            I love, Love, LOVE the midnight sun during Midsummer <3
            I'm always amused to go to McDonalds and ordering an American sandwich and Long Potatoes (BigMac & Fries).

There is one thing that annoys the hell outta me though....Finnish pizza. They don't slice it for you! The first time I got one, I just had a look like "WTF am I supposed to do with this?!?!"

Cooking is an interesting challenge too, converting US recipes to metric measurements has had some strange results! I bought a silicone, collapsible measuring cup and measuring spoons to keep there

I love Finland, I feel very at home there.
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I love the Chinese and Thai food in California! I want some Chef Chu's so bad right now. It's so much better than anything I can find in Texas.

There are so many parts of California that are so beautiful too. Napa Valley was indescribable, and I love all the palm trees. The weather is also amazing! It's always so nice outside, and it's a nice break from the heat in Texas.

Will's family is also a great part about visiting him. They're so welcoming, and they each have their little quirks that make me laugh. His mom is my favorite. She likes to take me to art museums (just the 2 of us!), and she works really hard to make me comfortable and happy while I'm there (not that it's hard lol).

Comment

My boyfriend lives in Texas and I love how flat it is!
                I love his family too! They're so funny The sweet tea is amazing!
                Oh, and I love his room! He has a fan in it and a remote control that controls the ceiling fan and the light! It's super cool!

Comment

I love that he lives fairly close to Boston and can take me over there for a day. The first time I ever went to just see him, we went there for the day & I fell in love with the city...I'm looking forward to going in another season this time as all other times I've seen him have been in the middle of winter, and my poor FL bred system doesn't like that too much! We don't really have seasons down here, so it will be nice. I also really like the architecture of the houses and buildings up north. Here, everything is pretty much the same and can be boring...

Comment

I love his family and how country it is up there! Everyone is so nice! Oh and there is a restaurant up in Kentucky where he lives and I love it!!

"Together forever but never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart!"

Met: 9.15.08
                    Started Dating: 10.17.08
                    Been an LDR since: 10.17.08
                    First time meeting: 5.28.09 - 6.2.09

Comment

My SO lives in New Zealand. I love her country so much! It's so beautiful. Peaceful. Quiet. I know a lot of people that really want to go there, so I'm really happy that I got the opportunity to spend 5 weeks there. The people are so friendly and relaxed! The total opposite to Germans.
                      I also got along quite well with my SO's family and all of her friends. We had dinner together, went clubbing, went to the horse races... I was included in everything. It felt amazing.
                      My SO also got me quite addicted to vodka mudshakes. Mmm.

Comment

When I visit my SO I like to just do the normal everyday things...after months of her telling me where she was going and what she was doing I actually got to experience those things. So now if she says I'm going to school or going to Mimas... I know what it's like. The food in Ecuador is alot different than here but it was good. We had a rule that I would try anything once but she wasn't allowed to tell me what was in it or I probably wouldn't have tried anything. My favorite was the plantain chips...I crave them all the time. Her grandparents live down the street from her so we would go to visit them and they were always super nice to me...I liked them alot.
                        it's not a dream anymore, it's worth fighting for

Comment

Originally posted by NaNi View Post
                          My SO lives in New Zealand. I love her country so much! It's so beautiful. Peaceful. Quiet. I know a lot of people that really want to go there, so I'm really happy that I got the opportunity to spend 5 weeks there. The people are so friendly and relaxed! The total opposite to Germans.
                          I also got along quite well with my SO's family and all of her friends. We had dinner together, went clubbing, went to the horse races... I was included in everything. It felt amazing.
                          My SO also got me quite addicted to vodka mudshakes. Mmm.
                          Vodka mudshakes??? Ohhh...description, please
                          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
                            Vodka mudshakes??? Ohhh...description, please
                            https://www.independentdistillers.co...d=37&Itemid=75

I got her so addicted to them! :P
                            It's the only alcohol I really drink too. Mmm....tastes like a chocolate milkshake!

Comment

Originally posted by BoogleBee View Post
                              https://www.independentdistillers.co...d=37&Itemid=75

I got her so addicted to them! :P
                              It's the only alcohol I really drink too. Mmm....tastes like a chocolate milkshake!
                              Thanks! *goes to add NZ to the list of places I must visit*

Comment

Working...
                              X