I feel miserable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel miserable

So this is my story. We met when he was 17 and I was 16. He is British and I am American. We’ve known each other for about six years now. We’ve definitely had our ups and downs. We recently met for the first time in six years and we spent two weeks together. Everything was perfect. We couldn’t keep our hands from each other and would not stop kissing. I am back home now and all I can think about is him. I am so miserable and miss him so much. The ldr depression is hitting me and it’s hitting me hard. The thing is... we’re not exactly in a relationship. We never made that clear and I feel that he doesn’t feel the same way for me as I do for him. I want to talk about it and ask him if what we have is real, if we’re working towards being together or if it’ll only just be this but I am afraid. I am afraid of losing him forever. I know we should have cleared that up while we were together but it felt so good finally having him in my arms I was afraid of what was going to happen. I am so confused and sad that I honestly don’t know what to do or how to deal with this situation. I want to go back to him and spend the rest of our lives together but I’m not sure he wants the same.

Honestly when it comes down to it, you have to talk to him and see if he feels the same. From what you've said though, if you both really couldn't keep your hands off each other when you were together then it's obvious he definitely feels something for you. You're feeling miserable just now because you miss him and you're unsure if you're allowed to miss him per say because you guys aren't together. It might be scary but honestly you really do just have to ask him, you'll probably be happily surprised at the answer.

A lot of people just assume things, like i have a friend who got all sad about the girl she liked not actually being her girlfriend and i just told her to ask. Amazingly, turns out her girlfriend had literally just assumed they were already a thing because of how they acted, they haden't 'asked each other out' or anything she just assumed they were together because they already acted like it. Your guy could be the same, who knows. For your own sanity you definitely need to ask him though, it is scary but if you never ask him this feeling you're feeling will eventually make you push him away and that will definitely ruin things between you
    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

You’re absolutely right. I honestly know I have to ask him so I can clear things up but the fear of losing him is stronger than I am. But at the same time, I can’t live a life where I’m not sure whether or not the person I love loves me back. If the end goal isn’t to one day be together then I should know that so I can begin the process of forgetting him and moving on with my life.

Comment

Working...
      X