Awkward Moments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awkward Moments?

When you first met, did you have any awkward moments or anything embarrassing that happened that makes you giggle now? (if you haven't met yet you can answer in terms of your first phone call, first webcam chat, etc...)

Before Frank and I started dating we had met through a mutual friend - we became friends and talked online for 11 months and had met each other in person twice. After we made the decision to pursue a long distance relationship, I was the first to travel to visit him. We were both just 19 years old. I had gotten off the bus and was walking towards Frank, who was waiting near the back of the bus on the sidewalk. I had gotten weak all of a sudden (I was so nervous!) and dropped my purse. And we of course had an awkward, "Should we kiss?" moment, but we ended up just hugging instead! Haha! I cringe thinking about how awkward we both used to be.

Read my LDR story!
    Facebook
    Instagram

When we first met I ran into his arms and our heads went the same way and banged each other (not very hard, but really awkward to have your heads smushed together unintentionally in your first hug). I thought everyone turns their head to the right when they hug! I guess he thought the opposite
    sigpic

Comment

We met while I was doing a student exchange. We had spent the evening at my flat hanging out with my roomate. Roomate went to sleep and we went to my room and he spent the night (yes, stuff happened). At the breakfast table my roomate made a comment about how nice it was for my bf to walk all the way here for breakfast. there was an awkward silence and the roomate goes "ooh...unless you were already here". Slightly awkward, yet funny

Comment

First time I met my SO, was on a diving cruise on the red sea, but it was nothing but some talks and beers... after we started talking a lot online and I found out she was going to start working for an NGO in Africa (Sudan). So in the end I decided to wave her off for her 1 year work in Africa. I flew into Venice airport in the morning and waited for her in the departure hall, and we knew we had about 3 hours before she would leave.

The following I only discovered months later when we were reliving this moment and were talking about it.

I was nervous, she was nervous, and when I finally noticed her entering the departure area I stood up, holding a heavy backpack in one hand.. I wanted to hug er and give a kiss on the cheek, and see how we would go... so I hugged her but the weight of the backpack I was holding in my hand now behind her back pushed it against her bum (ass). My SO thought I was squeezing her bottom so when I then wanted to kiss her on the cheek she gave me a long french kiss, which surprised me (in a very very nice way).

When we later were talking about it and I told her, that she was very "forthcoming" on that first kiss, she went like "hey but you squeezed my ass, so I went for it"... euh noooo I didn't squeeze your ass??!!

Comment

I've posted about this in my blog but it's still one of my favorite stories (fair warning, there is blood):

Towards the end of our first visit (the first time we met in person), we were discussing plans to bring him back to the airport in the morning, and I got kind of sad and started crying a little, so we just hugged for a while. The crying triggered a massive nosebleed for me, which I was completely unaware of until I felt something that was definitely NOT tears drip into my mouth. When I finally lifted my head up and looked at my hands, I realized both my hands and his sweatshirt, as well as my face, were COVERED in blood. I was mortified, having just bled all over my brand-new-boyfriend's sweatshirt, but he was SO NICE about it. He got some frozen peas from the freezer and put them on my neck and brought me paper towels from the kitchen, while I kept apologizing for bleeding all over his (favorite) hoodie. He just started cleaning it and smiling while I sat there holding my head. He even joked that now he'd have a little bit of me with him every time he wore it. He teases me now by reminding me of the incident every time he wears it.
          Last edited by kittyo9; July 5, 2018, 12:17 PM.
          Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
          Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
          Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Originally posted by beester View Post
            First time I met my SO, was on a diving cruise on the red sea, but it was nothing but some talks and beers... after we started talking a lot online and I found out she was going to start working for an NGO in Africa (Sudan). So in the end I decided to wave her off for her 1 year work in Africa. I flew into Venice airport in the morning and waited for her in the departure hall, and we knew we had about 3 hours before she would leave.

The following I only discovered months later when we were reliving this moment and were talking about it.

I was nervous, she was nervous, and when I finally noticed her entering the departure area I stood up, holding a heavy backpack in one hand.. I wanted to hug er and give a kiss on the cheek, and see how we would go... so I hugged her but the weight of the backpack I was holding in my hand now behind her back pushed it against her bum (ass). My SO thought I was squeezing her bottom so when I then wanted to kiss her on the cheek she gave me a long french kiss, which surprised me (in a very very nice way).

When we later were talking about it and I told her, that she was very "forthcoming" on that first kiss, she went like "hey but you squeezed my ass, so I went for it"... euh noooo I didn't squeeze your ass??!!
            LOL! I love it haha!
            Read my LDR story!
            Facebook
            Instagram

Comment

Working...
            X