Safeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safeline

Just had a long conversation with my girlfriend. Things are going great between me and her, but due circumstances we won't be able to meet each other for 8-12 months... (Work + study)

What helped for us to relief this pressure was that I told her if it's really necessary. If she thinks the distance is really breaking us she should tell me. I promised her (and of course I mean it and can do it) I would fly within 1-2 weeks to her then If really necessary, like a safeline, rescue line between us two. She told me this calmed her down a lot.

This made the distance between us seem smaller and helped us alot, this talk between us. I just wanted write it down here in the hope that it maybe will help some other people too ^^

That's sweet, I would love to have that! Unfortunately we don't have the time or money to fly within a few weeks if anything ever comes up, but hopefully one day we won't have to be so far from each other anymore

Comment

I actually like this idea. The situation between myself and my SO is really complicated and one thing he has said that makes the waiting easier is that if I needed him, whenever, he would come and get me. I hang on to that.
      -Xtina

Comment

Love this idea... May need to bring this up to my guy lol

Comment

Working...
        X