Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you guys react in this situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you guys react in this situation?

Okay so first I’m gonna start out by saying I am extremely grateful that I have the opportunity to call and talk to my SO everyday, I know some of you only communicate a few times a week so I definitely don’t take it for granted, But for the people who do have regular contact with your SO how do you deal with them being busy? Like today for example we were talking and he said he was gonna go shower and do some organizing and he’ll call me in a little, that was 7 hours ago, I’ve received a few message from him since, when I tried calling him he said he couldn’t answer because he was in the bathroom, that was 3 hours ago and I haven’t gotten a response from him since. Also times where I send him a message and he won’t respond but he’ll be logged into Skype so he saw the notification.....My anxiety automatically leads to he’s ignoring me/isn’t interested anymore, but once I get a message from him I am okay...am I reading too much into this and being stupid?

This is something you need to bring up with your SO. Some people don't feel like they need to talk as much in a relationship, but you both need to understand this in order for that to be okay. Sometimes when my SO is busy, I try to keep myself busy, too, but he always responds to me when he can and lets me know when he's going to be busy (and likewise). That way it doesn't drive us crazy when the other doesn't answer.
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

You need to talk to him. When I'm not in the mood to talk I will ignore my bf' s phone call. I think it's better to not talk and be moody and talk. It has nothing to do with not being interested. Sometimes I text saying I'm not in the mood to talk or I'll tell him that I'll call tomorrow. We both think that phone call is not summons in a way. We call when we have time and if the other one doesn't we don't answer. But this is both of us. If other one was different then we would make another agreement.
      Also things like "I'll call you later" for some means that they will call but for some it's just a phraise. If my bf is busy and I want to talk. Then I do my own thing.

Talk to him. Discuss what are your communication expectations. Tell him that I'll call later means that he actually has to call. He night not think similarly so it's good to have an open convo.

Comment

I can understand how you may feel a little worried or frustrated. Seems like this is the first time it's happening, so talk to him and let him know how it makes you feel.

Comment

Working...
        X