Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need a little advice to get to know LDR ONLINE NEVER MET!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need a little advice to get to know LDR ONLINE NEVER MET!

is it okey to ask your SO about his ID CARD?
    i just want to know him better.
    and how to ask to your SO to send the photos of his ID CARD? or ask their address without any suspicious.
    and what else i need to ask to him to make sure he is not scam and make sure he wanted to visit me directly?

please im new on LDR never met like this. thanks before guys 🙏🏻

This is an interesting question, as it seems to be that you have very little information on your boyfriend. When I met my bf, we began talking online. I didn't have to ask him to verify with ID as I was able to see his accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and instagram. They looked legit as they were established and matched with information we shared together as we talked. I remember just asking him for his address because his birthday was coming up and I wanted to send a card. I never felt the need to see his id. Granted, I made a trip to his state about 6 months in and was able to see his life. (I paid for my trip from my money and established a hotel room and transportation so that if things didn't work out I was able to get around and I bought a first class ticket so that I could change and go back home if he turned out to be someone different than he was) I also don't remember him ever asking for ID as proof of who I was. Maybe this was naive, I did end up seeing his id when he took me out and opened his wallet. He even offered it up for me to see, just jokingly of course. I wouldn't have ever asked to see it in a picture though.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlawkitties View Post
      This is an interesting question, as it seems to be that you have very little information on your boyfriend. When I met my bf, we began talking online. I didn't have to ask him to verify with ID as I was able to see his accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and instagram. They looked legit as they were established and matched with information we shared together as we talked. I remember just asking him for his address because his birthday was coming up and I wanted to send a card. I never felt the need to see his id. Granted, I made a trip to his state about 6 months in and was able to see his life. (I paid for my trip from my money and established a hotel room and transportation so that if things didn't work out I was able to get around and I bought a first class ticket so that I could change and go back home if he turned out to be someone different than he was) I also don't remember him ever asking for ID as proof of who I was. Maybe this was naive, I did end up seeing his id when he took me out and opened his wallet. He even offered it up for me to see, just jokingly of course. I wouldn't have ever asked to see it in a picture though.
      well thankyou then for sharing your story, i just have lil information bout him cause he isnt really interest on social media he havent any social media except fb and its already deactive.

btw how to get to know his family i mean i just saw his sister throught the face time and we're not talking we just say hai cause his sister cannot speak english, but i found his sister FB should i add her without her permission? or i need to ask her first?

Comment

You don't need to ask permission to add someone on fb. Sending a friend request is technically "asking permission to become friend". If the person does not want to add you, they will just not accept the friend request. I added my sister-in-law on fb and never met or even talked to her yet.

I never asked my SO to see his ID either but he is also active online. So, it does make it easier. There is no way to know someone better than taking the time to learn about this person. Talk with him. Have conversation. I think that if you are not even sure about who he is, you should maybe slow down in trying to know his family..
        - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
        First meeting: December 2016
        Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
        Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
        Engaged: December 2017
        Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
        Fifth visit: December 2019
        Wedding: September 2019

Comment

I think its OK to ask to see his card. I wouldn't be offended if my GF had asked me to see my driver's license before coming to see me for the first time. Her friend did call me and let me know that she will be checking in on her regularly and would contact the FBI if she lost contact with her friend. We joke about it now but I think its not a bad idea for sure.

BTW I let my GF and her friend know that I was probably in more danger, if my GF had turned out to be a crazy person she would have had access to my house! Haha.

If he's offended then that might show you something too.

Comment

Originally posted by RWhiz View Post
            I think its OK to ask to see his card. I wouldn't be offended if my GF had asked me to see my driver's license before coming to see me for the first time. Her friend did call me and let me know that she will be checking in on her regularly and would contact the FBI if she lost contact with her friend. We joke about it now but I think its not a bad idea for sure.

BTW I let my GF and her friend know that I was probably in more danger, if my GF had turned out to be a crazy person she would have had access to my house! Haha.

If he's offended then that might show you something too.
            thanks for share your story,
            that would be easier for me if my bf was open his self like you are, i already ask him, he just said i will send to you after i finished my job, but untill now he didnt even send me his id card. is it the same id card and driver license? cause in my country its different, and my online bf still didnt creat driver license he said.

Comment

A driver license is also an id card.
              - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
              First meeting: December 2016
              Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
              Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
              Engaged: December 2017
              Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
              Fifth visit: December 2019
              Wedding: September 2019

Comment

Is there a specific reason why you're having issues trusting him?

If you want to make sure he's the person he says he is in pictures, you can ask for him to do or hold something specific, which would be very difficult to steal from someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoopshipping View Post
                  Is there a specific reason why you're having issues trusting him?

If you want to make sure he's the person he says he is in pictures, you can ask for him to do or hold something specific, which would be very difficult to steal from someone else.
                  actually, im very often to have a videocall with him, but that is still hard for me to trust him, cause we still havent met each other i think.

Comment

I don't understand how seeing his ID car will help you know him better.

If you are doubting some of the things he is telling you, I would wonder why.

If you want to get to know him better, google 99 FUN QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR PARTNER WHEN YOU’RE IN A LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP. My SO and I look for questions like these to ask each other.
                    -Xtina

Comment

How long have you two been in contact with each other? Why do you want to see his ID and know his address? Because it seems like you only want to know whether or not he's scamming you, but knowing those wouldn't help much.

For me, I had gotten to know him well and just asked out of curiosity because different countries had different ID cards and I showed him mine too. We have each other's addresses for sending mail

Comment

Originally posted by maple View Post
                        How long have you two been in contact with each other? Why do you want to see his ID and know his address? Because it seems like you only want to know whether or not he's scamming you, but knowing those wouldn't help much.

For me, I had gotten to know him well and just asked out of curiosity because different countries had different ID cards and I showed him mine too. We have each other's addresses for sending mail

we know each other is about 1 year LDR, im kind of shy and quite so its hard for me to ask about someting privacy, how you ask to your BF untill he wanna show you his id card?

Comment

Working...
                        X