Fearing for his life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fearing for his life

My boyfriend is very soon going on a two-week holiday to Afghanistan to visit an uncle he hasn't seen since he was a kid.
    I'm so incredibly scared that something will happen to him, I really fear the worst.
    It doesn't help that his uncle knows where it's "safe" to walk around or not, it's still such a dangerous place.
    My bf might not even be able to text while he's there, and I'm used to calling with him every day.
    I don't know how I'm supposed to cope for two weeks. My emotions are so strong, it feels like I've already lost him.

Can anyone relate? Or has something to share that can make this easier?

My situation might be different as my SO was not in a war country, but last year he ended up at hospital. He was about to die (if he would have wait a few more hours). I was 3000 kms away from him and his phone was dead. He stayed there 6 days and the only way I found to communicate with him was to find out in which hospitals he was and call them to have news. I was worried but knew at the same time that he was in good hand.

We never know what can happen when someone is away from you. Just keep thinking positive. Try changing your mind. It is not because he goes to afghanistan that a bomb will explode or that he will get killed. He could get kill while he is eating an ice cream, walking with you in the street. The only way to go through it is by remaining calm and try to change your mind while he is away. Read the news if you can so it can calm you down. Try to relax.
    - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
    First meeting: December 2016
    Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
    Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
    Engaged: December 2017
    Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
    Fifth visit: December 2019
    Wedding: September 2019

Comment

Try to think about how he would not want you to be so stressed and worried, and even if you worry, you cannot change anything. Hope it goes well!

Comment

Working...
      X