Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the economy affect your relationship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth_Taco View Post
    For example, we're canceling the internet next week :P.
    I've been debating canceling cable, or reducing it down to just the local channels (FOX, ABC, NBC, etc). I don't watch enough TV to make it worth the money I'm paying, though keeping the cable reduces the price of the internet a bit. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

My boyfriend not having a job has affected our relationship in both bad and good. He can't find a job, where he lives despite the economy not being so bad, because he's in a small town where people hang harder onto jobs anyways. But, it has enabled him to come out to the states for two months...so...

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

you can watch cable tv shows for free on some websites like abc.com fox.com hulu.co and libraries have tv seris and plently of movies, like I've borrowed every single of nip tuck, lost, desperate housewives, the L word from the library and I only have internet.

I'm lucky that she;s only 3 hours away and her family is close to me so she comes down here a lot like she's comiing down this weekend which she wasn't supposed to until thanksgiving but she doesn't drive and can't find a job so she can't find one the chances of me moving up there and findiing one is even slimmer! and she can't afford a car, if she had a car I wouldn't have o worry about taxis (which run to like 2.50 dollars a mile!!)
        Met: 1.20.09 (At School)
        Starting Dating: 5.22.09
        Been an LDR since: 8.17.10 (3 hours distance)
        Last Time I saw my SO: 10.02.10
        Next time I will see my SO: 10.14.10

Comment

Thankfully, the economy doesn't really affect us. His parents pay for all of his expenses, so he can afford the trips to up visit, and I can afford what I need as well. We aren't planning on closing the distance until May when he moves up for law school, and that is already taken care of financially.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
          - A. A. Milne

Comment

My lack of job due to the crappy economy actually makes it easier for me to visit my SO. He pays for my flights to come see him, and all other expenses/entertainment while I am there. I really want a job for obvious reasons, but I also enjoy not having a job for the flexibility it brings me in visiting him at least once a month.

Comment

The distance hasn't really affected me and Luke that much. He was out of a job for a while, due to living in a small town where jobs are hard to come by, so he was unable to fly down and see me this year. I have a job and my school, at the moment, is covered by a grant, so I can still go. I think that if we both had stable jobs and better planning, we'd be planning on closing the distance sometime in the next year or so. Sadly, school doesn't allow me to do that just yet. XD

Comment

We're both in high school so money isn't THAT much of an issue. However is it inconvenient when we can't pay for plane tickets to see each other or Christmas/birthday presents. I had to quit my job this summer because I'm too busy with school, marching band and college things, and I'm just about now broke because I spent my last chunk of money on his birthday present. I really wanted to make him a garter for homecoming (its a Texas thing) but I don't think I have enough money for it now :/

He makes a small bit of money with allowance but Texas is a really hard place to find a part-time job because there are a lot of immigrants there willing to work for lower pay and longer hours. He just turned 18 so hopefully he will have better luck soon. He has enough money for about one more ticket but with us going to college next year we really need to use our money wisely....I plan on getting a job again in january (there is a lot of demand for part-time workers here) but my parents may make me save the money for college instead of using it for a plane ticket

Comment

yeah my so is trying to buy a car but that won't happen for a while, she hasnt even gotten a call back for an interveiw yet.
                  Met: 1.20.09 (At School)
                  Starting Dating: 5.22.09
                  Been an LDR since: 8.17.10 (3 hours distance)
                  Last Time I saw my SO: 10.02.10
                  Next time I will see my SO: 10.14.10

Comment

Working...
                  X