I'm so confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so confused

Well everything was going ok me and my boyfriend are so much in love.We've met in real life as I've mentioned before.Recently we've been making plans.He found a very good job and he is planing to buy a house as we're trying to get married as soon as possible.This morning he confessed to me that he had a dream about cheating on me with another woman.He was so guilty and serious that I have found it so hard to believe that it was just a dream.He said that it was a dream and that he has never thought about cheating on me and was confused about his dream.I felt so sad I don't know why maybe I'm being childish or dramatic the distance is killing me already.He wanted me to talk to him but I just can't I'm already upset about some problems in my family and it doesn't help.If anyone can help please don't hesitate .....

Hey, it's just a dream. I don't think you should worry that much about it. I dreamed I was cheating on my boyfriend once and had no desire to do so in real life. My best friend dreamed the other day that she was cheating on her boyfriend. She never wanted to do it either. Dreams are just dreams.
    - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
    First meeting: December 2016
    Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
    Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
    Engaged: December 2017
    Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
    Fifth visit: December 2019
    Wedding: September 2019

Comment

Yes, a dream is just a dream. He told you, and showed severe remorse eventhough it was a dream. Don’t let a dream, which is something you have no control over, ruin things when you are getting ready to close the distance. Pushing him away for something he didn’t do, could cause you more problems. Just talk to him, he’s been nothing up upfront and honest with you, so you should at least start communicating again.

Comment

Hello, thank you so much Littlewhiteflower.I feel better than yesterday.I know that dreams are just dreams, but I was thinking that maybe he cheated on me and was trying to tell me tha he dreamed about it, or that he thought about doint it and felt guilty about it.He was so serious that I really doubted that it was a dream.

Comment

Readheart14 thank you so much for your advice.I've decided to talk to him.He was so sad that I ignored him all day and that he shouldn't have told me about this stupid dream.But for me it wasn't about the dream but all of a sudden I felt insecure for the first time since we've been together.And I was thinking that he maybe tought about cheating or found someone else who he's felt interested or attracted to.I have never doubted him before not even once and I can't get rid of this annoying feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Hana88 View Post
            Readheart14 thank you so much for your advice.I've decided to talk to him.He was so sad that I ignored him all day and that he shouldn't have told me about this stupid dream.But for me it wasn't about the dream but all of a sudden I felt insecure for the first time since we've been together.And I was thinking that he maybe tought about cheating or found someone else who he's felt interested or attracted to.I have never doubted him before not even once and I can't get rid of this annoying feeling.
            Dreams can be unsettling but you can’t allow it to ruin everything you have. Glad you’ve started communicating again.

Comment

To start off, you should let him know that you appreciate his honesty and for sharing with you. The thing about dreams is that they are often rather abstract, and not to be interpreted literally. I've been told that dreams about cheating could just simply mean that someone wants more passion/intimacy/adventure in the current relationship, but I don't know whether or not that's true

Comment

Thank you so much for your help.We've talked about it and we both feel better......

Comment

Working...
                X