Dealing with anxiety in a ldr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with anxiety in a ldr?

My husband will be flying to see me in a few months and as a person who's dealing with anxiety it's been very nerve wracking. We met before but all three times I flew to see him.im very nervous about his plane rides and connections and don't know how to get over it.. Any advice?

Has he travelled before? I would take comfort in knowing that airports are quite well staffed and they are really helpful and can walk him to his gate if needed. I'm sure it will be fine, try to concentrate on the meeting up part. Good luck!

Comment

I think you’re overthinking things. It’s easy enough to navigate through the airport and catch your it flight or connecting ones. Sometimes when you’re the one that does most of the traveling it’s easy to assume the other person wouldn’t know how all this works. But when there’s an incentive on the line (which would be him seeing you) they always find their way.

Comment

Originally posted by Rezie View Post
        Has he travelled before? I would take comfort in knowing that airports are quite well staffed and they are really helpful and can walk him to his gate if needed. I'm sure it will be fine, try to concentrate on the meeting up part. Good luck!
        Yeah, but never abroad. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
          I think you’re overthinking things. It’s easy enough to navigate through the airport and catch your it flight or connecting ones. Sometimes when you’re the one that does most of the traveling it’s easy to assume the other person wouldn’t know how all this works. But when there’s an incentive on the line (which would be him seeing you) they always find their way.
          Well, that's what anxiety does to you..
          Thank you though, you're right.

Comment

A lot of airports have free wifi! Have him check in when he can

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
            Married: 1/24/2015
            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment