Unsure and Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unsure and Confused

So for those who haven't seen my post; my boyfriend saved up to pursue his dream career of opening his own restaurant where his parents came from before he found me. Talking to me he found the courage to go forth with it and is now in South Africa. He has now used most of his money for what he needed but then he found out he needs a little financial help, so he asked me. He feels like a burden and doesn't like asking me for help because he already knows my
    financial situation-but I was the last hope he had. So I helped him, several times. None of my friends believe he's legit and assumes he's some scammer-I was even accused at Walmart of being one!! Anyways we have come to the last hurdle and sometimes I don't know if I should continue helping and yet I do because then I get to see him before Christmas...I just want him back in the same country.

If anyone has some advice or suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I feel like no one knows what I'm going through...

I helped my boyfriend financially as well. The thing is, he always paid me back after a month or so. Did you make an arrangement with him to get back your money?
    - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
    First meeting: December 2016
    Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
    Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
    Engaged: December 2017
    Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
    Fifth visit: December 2019
    Wedding: September 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Littlewhiteflower View Post
      I helped my boyfriend financially as well. The thing is, he always paid me back after a month or so. Did you make an arrangement with him to get back your money?
      Yes, he's made it clear he'll pay me back.

Comment

I know that having a restaurant can cost a lot and it's really not the best investment someone can make. Except if he has his own business, he should make enough money out of it to sustain himself.

By having a business of his own, he should be able to ask for the bank to help as well. I'm not sure how it works in south africa. I'm not sure how much money you sent him up to now, but I would be careful if i was you.

Comment

I just saw on your profile that you haven't met in person. I would never have sent money to my boyfriend before I met him. I think your friends have some reasons to be worried.

Comment

My first question is have you met? Never send money to anyone you don't know. You should.enver borrow money unless you are willing to not get it back. But sending money for someone you havent met screams scam. If you have met, then stop sending it until he pays back. And then reconsider wether you will loan again or do appropriate legally binding paper work.

Comment

Working...
            X