Do I have reason to be worried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I have reason to be worried?

Now that we're both back in school (month since it's started) Starts the age of Internet downfall on his end. His connection sucks and the times he logs in are when I'm in class etc. etc and we only really get to have decent conversations at either 6am my time on weekdays and most weekends.

The reason I ask if I'm allowed to be worried is because after September of last year, our communication drastically lacked to only the weekend. It even went to the point where we hadn't talked in 2 weeks and when we finally got to talk, it was nothing special. He was never in very great moods and only rarely was he. He would always say he was busy and didn't have much time to reply to anything and after I got home from school my messages would go unanswered. I dismissed the ignored messages and then December/January happened.

I'm just worried it'll happen again..I feel so insecure and it doesn't help that this one chick keeps pestering him on his wall.
    Me: I hope that pizza gets here soon. My stomach is growling.
    Growling at you.
    Grrr.

Muffin: *pokes stomach* ^=^

Me: *stomach growls*
    I don't think it likes you very much.

Muffin: *pokes stomach* Hehe

Me: You're provoking it as it growls more. I think it'll like you more if you give it pizza.

Believe me, I know the pains of losing the main form of communication almost completely.

If you guys can't seem to catch each other, then maybe try e-mailing or just leaving notes for the other? I know MSN lets you send offline messages so maybe if one of you is gone/busy the other could write a few short lines about how they're doing and wish them a good day and the person would get them when they sign on. I mean it's not a direct, instant conversation but compromises are better than nothing when you have schedule conflicts and one of you isn't able to get online much. I don't think whatever incident occurred in December/January will happen again as you're now aware of what caused it and you're seeking to nip it in the bud.

Comment

I agree with LadyMarchHare. If you arn't able to talk to each other a lot then you should send each other cute messages. But if this is really bothering you, then you should tell him how you're feeling and how worried you are.

Comment

Are you to able to talk or text on the phone? When my bf lost his connection for almost 3 weeks I sort of panicked as it's my main form of communication with him. And while texting wasn't exactly the seam, it esed my fears a LOT since I still had that much needed contact from him, even if it was just a couple small texts a day. A good night text before sleep and a good morning text does wonders and perhaps that's something you could try? Or can you write him letters? Depending on how far apart you guys are they could reach him relatively quickly and give that heartfelt message that you're still in one another's thoughts.

But before all this happens I think you need to come out and voice these concerns to him. Tell him it unsettles you when you have so little communication and that even small messages (such as email, or my bf would write to me on facebook) would mean alot to you. I was feeling very much like you were when I knew I wouldn't be able to talk with my bf for awhile but after I told him these things he was very conscious of trying to talk to me every day, even if it was just one text, and it really did help to soothe my frantic mind knowing that he hadn't forgotten me. Best of luck and I hope it turns out well

Comment

Working...
        X