Too little time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too little time

I've been in a long distance relationship for over 3 years, which is also the entirety of our relationship. I'm going to see him for the 6th time from dec 20th to Jan 2nd, but now he tells me he's going to take his brother to a football game on dec 30th.
    Now he doesn't see his brothers that much either, so I understand that he wants to spend time with them, but I'd rather that he does it before I arrive or after I leave.
    Next summer we won't be able to see each other, which means that after the week and a half this December we're not going to see each other for an entire year. He is going to see his brothers in that year.
    All in all, I don't want to take the time he wants to spend with his brother, but I also want to spend as much time with him as possible. Am I right to be upset?

You have a 12 day span. Let him have his time with his brother. You probably will need a break by then.

Comment

It's one day, it's something he would like to do with his brother. I would let it go. You can't police who he sees just because you're coming to see him. My significant other had to work sometimes when I came, not ideal either lol

If you don't want to miss out on that time, why don't you ask to tag along?

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

It's just a day and you'll be there for almost 2 weeks. You'll have time to explore on your own and that could be fun. You are entitled to feel upset since we can't help our feelings, but what he is doing is totally fine.

Comment

I understand your relationship is important but family is also. It’s only one day, as the others have said. Saying something or asking him to not to go probably wouldn’t go down well I’d imagine. He doesn’t see them often and you could use the time to do something for you, like shopping or hair appointment or organise to cook a nice dinner for the 2 of you to enjoy when he gets home. Also, try to put yourself in his shoes, if your sister or mum who you don’t see often came and wanted to see you, just one out of the 12 days your SO was there, what would you say? Would your SO tell you not to see them?

Comment

Working...
          X