I enjoy having a social life, he doesn't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoy having a social life, he doesn't

I'm not sure what to do - my BF is a homebody. He doesn't really have friends and prior to us reconnecting he didn't really want any.

I am recently separated from my husband of 10 years and have been enjoying some "me" time with friends sine I no longer have my little girl 24/7. Nothing crazy - no boys, no blackouts, etc.

BF complains that he spends all of his time "waiting for me" and that he is not a part of my day-to-day-life. He specifically gets on this jam when I have plans on a Friday night. I feel like I shouldn't be shamed for living my life or have to feel badly for him when I'm out.

I'm really just not sure what to do.

Help?

I had a sort of similar problem with my ex where she had friends who she went out with all the time and i didn't really have that so spent most my time waiting for her to come home and actually speak to me. For relationships to work you need to compromise on some things, and often time out is one of those, especially when in a ldr as communication and finding time to talk is rally important. Hell its important in a close distance relationship too, I know if i don't speak to my SO for the day i find myself becoming quite sad and lonely.

The first thing you have to address here is are you going out too much, or just not setting enough time aside for him? A good way to do this is look at your communication pattern and imagine if you were in his shoes, how would you feel? if you think you're completely justified then talk to him and come to a compromise on how much time you should spend together. A date night is always a good idea so you always have an evening or day set aside so you can do something together. I know that's definitely helped me feel better when my partner has been busy, gives you something to look forward too and also helps you get out of the habit of waiting and using Evey bit of your time hoping they'll come online and talk
    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Are you LDR? So you going out on friday is taking away from phonetime or from spending time together physically? I think there is a difference in this. Does this affect your visiting wach other? Could you call beofre goign out and after coming home? Would you have LDR date night if you stayed in?

Comment

Working...
      X