She feels inferior to me, and something else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She feels inferior to me, and something else

This is a third one since other opinions really have been supporting me. Thank you for that!

Considering how many problems we have, there's one which has been going since the beginning of our friendship up to relationship. She stated that she hated me back there because of certain things which weren't in her favour. She said I've been trying to be ahead of her for a while ago already, which never was my intention because I give her many times to shine like she does for me. Now she's been feeling inferior to me even when I never commanded her around or push myself into her way. I'm giving her all freedom she has yet this feeling has been getting into her

Minor incidents got me blocked as she felt back on herself and I was feeling so guilty. For example, she's been having a surgery so I talked with her about how's it been, she was quite troubled with all this so I attempted to calm here, telling her that it'll heal and that there's nothing to worry about, begging her to take care.

This shut her off, she got into a bad mood.

As she stated some facts from her knowledge I replied " Oh I heard of this too already! ", her response, " never mind ", not talking to much much for the rest of the day and I just got worried.

She's been lacking of much self-esteem regarding her house and how parents treated her there. She was incapable of showing herself off many times so her esteem dropped many many times. Now it all falls back to me, won't push me down however. I didn't take it personally but it for sure is something to be concerned about. She's been on a verge, depression played into it so her mind really is troubled

I started giving her compliments and called her beautiful since a while, it was genuine. However as some point her responses were out of denial. A simple " yea " was often as answer putting on in a position of " What am I doing wrong? "

She's been stating that's she's needing appreciation and I give it to her everyday of course without even hesitating, I love her and I let her know why. However she's never taken it as genuine, I still continue.

I give her many patience through these times, she also wanted to break up multiple times. Said she hates me, blocked me of entirely I couldn't contact her. I've always gained contact back to her. And she's been grateful I haven't abandoned her.

But how to handle the issue when someone is feeling inferior? How can I let her feel equality? Should I silence myself an pay all attention to her I could ( even when I'm doing that already)? I need some tips please ♡

I'm goign to assume your expression fo not being commanding and letting her have her freedom was just a weird word choise (cause obvisouly she has freedom and you have no right to be commmanding). The thing about self-esteem is that it has to build on your own. You can't build it based on another person. All you can do is being encouraging and let her know that you believe in her.

Comment

Working...
    X