New to LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to LDR

Hi everyone, Im new to LDR and Im seeking advice for a)upcoming shifts in our relationship b) what do you guys do when youre feeling lonely in your time apart

Ill give some background here:
    Im about 1.5 hrs away from my bf -we've been together for almost 2 years. I have 2 kids from a previous marriage and he does not. He is also 4 years younger than me. Hes done LDR ,almost every relationship hes been in. Hes sober, I dont drink much. We both never really go out a ton in our personal lives unless its the gym or odd hangouts. My ex and I have 7 days on 7 days off and my kids are keeping me in my town as well as my ex would never agree to let me take them and he also will never move to the city . Right now I work a week on week off scheduale in the city hes located in so its really nice we can spend a week together around our work scheduales ,of course. Its going to change soon because I am sick of the commute-I havent built a full life where I am bc Im always going back and forth and it feels like 2 lives. Ive asked him about bridging the gap,several times -hes in a band,has family and friends where he is, hes happy there- he would never be happy here- he has told me many times he will never move to be where I am. It actually causes fights everytime its brought up now-Im worried that leaving this job and losing the time together and going to only seeing eachother a few times a month is going to cause strain and emotional distance between us. I have never done this before,Im upset and stressed out over this all. Id love opinions or advice on how anyone might manage their feelings or expectations in LDR. Id also love some tips or advice on how you manage it when you are feeling lonely in your LDR.
    If you made it this far,thank you for listening

I feel for you. I really do. So he is not willing to move and you can't move. I don't think he is in the wrong for not wainting to move, but since the distance is "only" 1,5h is there a potential to move half way without making massive changes in lives? I really don't think there is a way around it if you are not happy to be in LDR, current situation is not working and neither of you can move. It's an indication you might want different things in life. Feeling lonely in LDR, I know that feeling aswell. I think the best advice for that is to live your own life and do the things you enjoy! Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X