The canadian fell in love with an american

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The canadian fell in love with an american

Quickly here's my story and how I'm currently doing.

My boyfriend and I met about a year ago and finally met in person in March. Then I came back in may for six months and he visited me for a week. All of that was great and went well and I was happy but not we are apart again and I'm not doing well. I feel like we are on two different schedules, and when do finally have time to video chat it's nothing but dead air cause we have nothing to talk about, or maybe he just doesn't want to share with me. Tonight's a bad night epically it's why I look for a forum to talk to people for guidence. Tonight he promised we would video chat before bed, I fell asleep waiting on his still no call so I called him at 4am my time 2am his wondering what's up. He tells me "alot of people here call you back" I guess he decided to have a party the night we promised to video chat before bed. Which is fine I get he wants to be with his friends, it just makes me feel like I was a second thought. Do long distance relationships really work? Am I wasting my time? I really love him but I don't know if I can do this.

Hello there,

Apparently, there is some lack of communication between you two
    Have you ever tried telling him about how you feel ? That you miss him and need him to be there
    Maybe the distance you feel even while on video call has an explanation, maybe he's distant for a reason, have you talked through this with him ?
    Long distance relationships are tough, but I think they really can work, if both of the people are ready to invest themselves, communicate, be honest and talk openly about all their feelings, fears, and doubts

Comment

Give him the benefit of the doubt and then explain your ground rules.

You have to do some thinking and see what is OK for you and what you can live with. Maybe something came up last minute - how do you want him to communicate this next time? Maybe he could send you a text explaining what is going on, maybe he could reschedule your date, etc. etc.
      In LDRs communication is the most important thing ever. Since you don't see each other face to face and sometimes you don't know what is going on, you have to over communicate, tell them everything that they would see if they were with you.

In this case, I believe something must have happened and he got caught up in a situation he could not get out of. Maybe next time he should excuse himself (if it'd be awkward or weird infront of the people he was with) and let you know quickly what's going on.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Working...
      X