New and Hoping for Advice :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and Hoping for Advice :)

Hey everyone! I’ve been looking at this forum for a while now, as I’ve been in an LDR for a bit. I met my boyfriend whilst we were both on a cruise in Alaska, which was absolutely magical. I had travelled from Australia (I’m a New Zealand citizen living in Australia) over there for a holiday. He’d travelled from another part of the States and we just happened to be on the same cruise, and we hit it off instantly.

6 months later, I miss him more than words can say, and honestly, I feel incredibly lonely. I don’t know anyone else in an LDR, which is why I’ve joined this forum. It seems great to be able to talk to people who know what it’s like!

My boyfriend and I call whenever we can, even if it’s before either of us go to bed. Most days, we stay in a call so I’m able to be there when he wakes up. We currently have a 15 hour time difference (it’s normally 14 hours but he’s in daylight savings), but as time goes on, I miss him more and more, and I feel the distance between us even more which is so hard.

We message whenever we can, and there hasn’t been a day when either of us haven’t messaged each other, which is amazing. I’m just not sure quite how to deal with my loneliness? I miss him so much, and oftentimes there’s nothing more I want than a hug, but I can’t get it. I probably won’t be able to see him until June next year, which means it’ll be nearly a year since we met, and a year since we’d be able to see each other again. I know we are still in the early stages of a relationship, but I’ve never met anyone like him.

I have no idea how to deal with how I’m feeling. He knows how upset I get over missing him and he really comforts me, but sometimes the lack of a simple hug is just what pushes me over the edge. This boy means the world to me and I know we’ll push through, I’m just not quite sure how to get through this massive patch of loneliness and sadness I’m in. He means everything to me and I just miss him so much.

Anyways, thanks to anyone who actually read this whole thing, I do appreciate it. And I also appreciate the ability to finally talk to others who know what it’s like! Thanks all, hope you’re having a great day/night.

Just try to go back to how your life was before meeting him. I mean going back to your hobbies so that you can change your mind. You were probably happy and not sad. That's the reason why he probably felt in love with you. Try to enjoy what you have now without thinking of what you don't have. LDR are hard and are not meant for everyone but they can work. Except it is very hard when one of the two partners is constantly depressed or sad. Just change your mind. Go out with friends. Read a book. Go for a run. Take care of yourself. It's normal to feel like missing him and have up and down. But you shouldn't let these emotions take control of you.
    - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
    First meeting: December 2016
    Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
    Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
    Engaged: December 2017
    Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
    Fifth visit: December 2019
    Wedding: September 2019

Comment

Working...
    X