This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question

Me and my girlfriend have been in a long distance relationship for 9 months. We make sure we stay grounded and communicate great with one another. I know it gets hard sometimes and I usually bring us back the basics and the core of our relationship. This past week we spent Christmas and this time is literally the hardest it’s been since we’ve been together. I miss her like crazy. How did some of you cope with times like this

The easiest way to cope with times like this is to immerse yourself into things like your hobbies, work, social life, etc. Keep yourself occupied so you have less time to dwell on those bad feelings. It's totally normal to miss each other, so you just gotta learn to live with those feelings when they come. Don't let them consume you, otherwise you'll be miserable.

Comment

I never do it’s just this time it was different

Comment

I would guess it was because it was your first Christmas together. There is generally a heavy emphasis on family and being together at that time of year, which magnifies things, I find. I found Christmas tough, as I couldn't be with my SO. We video called for 2 and 1/2 hours, but it wasn't the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantic Crossroads View Post
          I would guess it was because it was your first Christmas together. There is generally a heavy emphasis on family and being together at that time of year, which magnifies things, I find. I found Christmas tough, as I couldn't be with my SO. We video called for 2 and 1/2 hours, but it wasn't the same.
          Yea I think that’s what it was. It was just my first day back at work and without her and it hit me hard. I’m fine now

Comment

Working...
          X