Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long distance relationship

Hi guys
    I've just moved home from Switzerland I was living there for nine months with my partner and I worked as a nanny. I didn't like my job as I became lonely and anxious. And this affected my relationship. I found it was the best decision for me to come home and change career and go back to college. But my partner of nearly three years is doing shift work in his job he works as an engineer.. It was a fast decision for me to make moving home and now ahead of us are hurdles we must face. I'll be starting a new job soon it has no set hours and may entail nights.. So trying to juggle each others times will be a tricky one. He plans on staying two more years there to make more money to build a house back home. There is no possible way I can move back to Switzerland and work in a job I do not like and be depressed again. And for this I had to think of myself. I do plan on going back to college in September for two years and this is also the amount of time he plans on staying over there to make money for our future. In a way I'm very worried of the outcome in this situation and I love him whole heartedly of anyone has advice please advise me. I feel there has to be a way around it

It feels like you both want different things in the future. He wants to build a house in Switzerland and you don't want to go back there. Is that right?

Unless you both can manage the distance forever, I don't see how it can work. One of my professors has been in a LDR for a long time. They don't have a house. They don't have children, but I guess that is a choice they made. If that's what you want, then go for it, but if you want a family and if you want to settle down, I don't see how you can make it works.

Do you know if he'd be ready to move to where you live?

If he is ready to move, then 2 years is manageable. You can visit every summer if you are a student and he can visit you too when he has vacations. The good thing is that you have a end-date planned.
    - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
    First meeting: December 2016
    Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
    Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
    Engaged: December 2017
    Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
    Fifth visit: December 2019
    Wedding: September 2019

Comment

Working...
    X