Dwindling Interactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dwindling Interactions

My girlfriend and I have been dating for around 7 months now and had been friends for around a year before that. We met online playing games and hit it off imediately, eventually confessing to each other and starting our relationship. It's been wonderful and I've never had a relationship like this before, but recently we've just...fallen out of touch.

She explained to me that she needed some time to deal with things in her personal life, which I am more than happy to give her! I completely understand the need for some personal space and I assured her I'd be here for her when she's ready again. I really do understand, but... it's been 6 weeks now. I guess in retrospect that's really not a long time, but within those 6 weeks she's spoken not a single word to me. I'd be worried if she wasn't still posting on social media. Every day I still send her the occasional "I hope your day was good!" or a picture I know she'd find funny, hoping that one of these times she'll jump in and join the conversation.

I said I'd be more than happy to wait, but it's really starting to hurt. Going from talking extensively everyday to not talking at all for weeks on end is really rough. At this point it feels like we'll fall apart completely, even when she comes back It's not like I can be there for her physically, and there's only so much I can do online...

I'm going to keep waiting, but I just wanted to know; do you think my fears are unwarrented? Am I just over thinking it?

Sounds to me like she ghosted you

Comment

"Going from talking extensively everyday to not talking at all for weeks on end is really rough."

It seems as if she really needs her personal space. It can be tough, especially if you guys have been talking for extensive periods nearly every single day. It's important to have a healthy balance from the onset. So maybe you should of, backed away for a bit when you saw the signs. This is quite a common reaction if you're insecure and often you don't realise you're suffocating the person by your constant need for reassurance.

"At this point it feels like we'll fall apart completely, even when she comes back It's not like I can be there for her physically, and there's only so much I can do online..."

For now, try to distract yourself, with your own life. What was your hobbies and interests before you met this person? Sometimes people forget this when they focus too much on their SO. Wait until she is ready and if she isn't willing to continue the relationship, then maybe it's time to start thinking of ending the relationship. But since it's been six weeks, I don't really know... like k&p said, it looks like she ghosted you. Have you tried calling her directly to see what's up? You will have clearer answers from doing that by asking her directly, than us second guessing her intentions.

Comment

Working...
      X