FREQUENT COMMUNICATION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FREQUENT COMMUNICATION

WHAT'S THE MINIMUM COMMUNICATION THAT AN LDR SHOULD HAVE IN ORDER TO LAST? THANKS FOR READING ME, IM A BIT DESPERATE. I MET MY BF IN THE SAME CITY BUT HE HAD TO MOVE BACK, AND IS TRYING TO COME BACK TO THE U.S AS SOON AS HE FINDS A JOB. WE'VE BEEN APART SINCE JULY 2017 AND ONLY SAW HIM IN OCT 2017. THE TIME ZONE IS 7 HRS DIFFERENCE.
    I NOTICE THAT WE DONT MSG EACH OTHER AS MUCH. IM AT WORK BUT HE IS NOT. ID LIKE TO KNOW HOW FREQUENT DO OTHER COUPLES TALK, PLEASE.

Whatever works for the two of you. It varies from couple to couple. Me and my SO talk every day, but then neither of us have regular jobs. If we did, it might be different. We also have a 7 hour time difference. I am ahead of him, so when I sit down to chat of an evening, he has just woken up. As a result, it can be awkward to get things done. We have discussed this a few times, and had to negotiate the best way forward. Currently, we talk every day. Mon and Fri are quieter days, and Sat and Sun is our google weekend. Tues-Thurs we take it as it comes, but we mix up our mediums. Some is on the site where we met, which also gives us community interaction as well as one-on-one, some on google (usually my night time and weekends), pinterest (most days lately) and emails (these are generally for special events-anniversaries, birthdays etc).
    Video calls are pretty ad-hoc, depending on our schedules, housework, tiredness etc. Having said that, we did call everyday through advent to share our matching calendar chocolates.

Comment

Our time difference is 7 hours (or 6 depending on DST).
      I have a job, but my girlfriend does not.
      We talk every day when I get back from work, but there are days when she is too tired (because it is around midnight for her).
      Recently we decided to switch the time we talk during the weekend, instead of doing it during the evening, we now do it as soon as I wake up.

We also keep in touch during the day by e-mail.
      There are however some days where it can be hard to keep up coming with things to say, because in the end, how much really happens during a single day?

I would recommend to just get a certain schedule. It doesn't have to be every day, but try to fix a certain moment where you just reserve time to talk to each other.
      Normally you should feel wether you need more moments or not.

Comment

Well we dont actually talk frequently. Its just when he text, I text back. I let him call me because he is so busy with work etc.
        It was hard to accept that some day we dont talk. But after all I started to spend free time on good things instead of thinkin and gettin depressed about the communication. Anyway you should make a kinda timetable what works for each other.

Comment

Our relationship is about two weeks in, but we’ve been texting every day, and then I’ll surprise her with a voice call this weekend. So far, it’s working out, cause we’re both busy with our respective careers.

Comment

Working...
          X