Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was it like meeting your LDR partner for the first time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was it like meeting your LDR partner for the first time?

I’m talking about nevermets here and intercontinental relationships. I’ve been in a LDR of 4 months and I must say, it hasn’t been easy because of the lack of physical intimacy and constant yearning for the other; but when we met we just clicked. I didn’t filter my words with her and I felt as if I could say anything, like I could trust her, she gave me that vibe and has always been comforting for me. Months in, our conversations are a little stale but that doesn’t stop us from talking everyday; most of the day; but I fear we will run out of topics to talk about soon. We do other things, though such as watch movies on this service called rabbit and play games. Our communication started to dip in the middle as we got to know each other better, when we started to realise each other’s imperfections and I guess that’s when we began to fall in love. I fell in love before her though and as we continued to keep communicating, she fell in love with me and it’s just slowly getting better every day. I want to meet this woman so much and just do stuff with her that I can’t with the distance. To touch her and kiss her.

But. Will that change when we finally met for the first time? How were your experiences? Were your expectations met? If they weren’t, did the both of you still connect and love each other regardless?

I met my boyfriend for the first time after 1.5 years of being together this past December. I'm from the USA and he is from Germany. During Christmas I flew to Germany to meet him and oh my gosh it was so crazy! At first, it did not go as planned and there were a lot of bumps in the road leading up to the moment we met (like I had been without wifi for hours after arriving in Germany so I couldn't contact him and tell him that I had arrived and was ready for him to meet up with me!!!) But once we got everything figured out and we met, everything fell into place. It was so overwhelming and nerve wracking but once we were in each other's arms, all of that went away. I was honestly afraid we'd be different in person or we'd feel awkward or SOMETHING would be different... but it was not like that at all! It was like we picked up right where we left off. It felt so normal and not weird even in the slightest. Everything was just like I imagined it, he was just like I thought he'd be but like 10x better. Everything was actually WAY better than I expected (I actually filmed us meeting for the first time so if you wanna check out that video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktssxXWJaNs&t=304s) I know that long distance is hard and I totally relate to the feeling of longing for the other person physically but oh, is it so worth it when that day finally comes! Never give up, we waited a year and a half before we were able to meet, so I hope that gives you some faith

Comment

Originally posted by sarahendipity View Post
      I met my boyfriend for the first time after 1.5 years of being together this past December. I'm from the USA and he is from Germany. During Christmas I flew to Germany to meet him and oh my gosh it was so crazy! At first, it did not go as planned and there were a lot of bumps in the road leading up to the moment we met (like I had been without wifi for hours after arriving in Germany so I couldn't contact him and tell him that I had arrived and was ready for him to meet up with me!!!) But once we got everything figured out and we met, everything fell into place. It was so overwhelming and nerve wracking but once we were in each other's arms, all of that went away. I was honestly afraid we'd be different in person or we'd feel awkward or SOMETHING would be different... but it was not like that at all! It was like we picked up right where we left off. It felt so normal and not weird even in the slightest. Everything was just like I imagined it, he was just like I thought he'd be but like 10x better. Everything was actually WAY better than I expected (I actually filmed us meeting for the first time so if you wanna check out that video: ) I know that long distance is hard and I totally relate to the feeling of longing for the other person physically but oh, is it so worth it when that day finally comes! Never give up, we waited a year and a half before we were able to meet, so I hope that gives you some faith
      Thanks! I'm so happy for you . In fact, I'm meeting her in Turkey at the end of June which is why I'm wondering. I'm kind of nervous but hopefully it will be like you said and you picked up where you left off.

How did you go 1.5 years without trust issues? Was there any bumps during the journey, where things didn't go well but you two worked it out anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by 089Jay View Post
        Thanks! I'm so happy for you . In fact, I'm meeting her in Turkey at the end of June which is why I'm wondering. I'm kind of nervous but hopefully it will be like you said and you picked up where you left off.

How did you go 1.5 years without trust issues? Was there any bumps during the journey, where things didn't go well but you two worked it out anyway?
        It's totally normal to be nervous! I wish you the best on your trip, you guys are going to have so much fun!

To answer your questions, we never really had/have trust issues. I think it helps a lot that both of us are home-bodies. We have school friends and that's all the socialization we need. Other than school, we're usually at home or with family. What also helps is that we always keep each other updated on what we're doing through out the day through Snapchat, even when we can't be together (7 hour time difference sucks lol) but it helps you feel more involved in the other person's life. I mean, of course we have had times where we have had trust issues, but the best solution is to be open and talk about it.

If you're feeling uneasy or jealous about a certain situation, then tell your partner that. Give them a chance to clear things up before jumping to conclusions, because having trust in your partner is very important. We have had a lot of bumps along the way due to other issues though, as I'm sure any LDR couple has had. We've had times where we weren't sure if we'd get through it but deep down, no matter when we fight or argue, no matter what obstacle is thrown our way, we both know that we truly love each other and have one another's best interest in mind and I think if you know that the two of you have that unconditional love, you can really get through anything.

Something that has helped me and my bf is to think "if we can get through this long distance, we can pretty much get through anything together" that always gives us motivation to keep pushing through the tougher times. Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
        X