Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help!!Met e night, spent the whole night together. And since, hes been away for work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!!Met e night, spent the whole night together. And since, hes been away for work.

We met over 3 weeks ago now, while I was working.. when I finished work we hung out all night till the next morning before he had to leave. He lives almost 4 hrs from me, which isnt the bad thing at all! That's easy! But he also works away for weeks at a time.
    Since that morning I left him, we've been texting, calling, video chatting everyday before and after he finishes work.
    We've instantly clicked.. it was and has been such an amazing feeling.. and speaking of feelings, we've both fallen alot for eachother.. and we talked of future plans and the nows..

Problem is.. he was meant to finish work on Tomorrow (monday) and he was coming down to see me Tuesday for a few days. However he got asked yesterday to stay back for a few more days.. and this isnt the first time. So he got pretty upset with the whole thing and now his whole attitude towards 'us' seems different. Hes told me I can run if I want he'll understand. I've told him I'm not going anywhere because we have that great connection I want to stay and give whatever it is between us the best shot.. but he just keeps apologizing for his job and says it makes it really hard to have a relationship and what sort of life it that if hes away all the time. And that I deserve to be loved and kissed daily..
    Is this just a cop out?? Or what is going on.. I really dont understand!
    I've asked him straight out what he wants and if feelings have changed for him and so far.. no answer. But he is calling me tonight.

I wouldn't worry too much about this honestly. It's pretty normal for someone to sort of spiral and overthink when a visit gets pushed back. There are a few of us on here that will tell you our SO's, or even ourselves have done it several times. From what you've said he sounds very insecure about it all, i wouldn't be surprised at all if he's had a bad experience in the past with his job stopping him being somewhere we wants to be. The best thing you can do is reassure him you want to be with him still and don't mind waiting a bit longer. like yeah it really sucks when visits get knocked back, but that won't keep happening forever.

Best of luck
    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

I agree with kitty, sounds more like him feeling insecure and bad for his job preventing a meeting and it feels like he's blaming himself. It's theoretically possible but based on this post I really doubt that it's a cop-out.

Comment

Unless he has a wife he tries to hide from you (which is unlikely haha), I think he is just unsecured. I wouldn't worry too much about it. You can just reassure him and it should be alright.

Best of luck !
        C.
        - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
        First meeting: December 2016
        Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
        Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
        Engaged: December 2017
        Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
        Fifth visit: December 2019
        Wedding: September 2019

Comment