Workaholic spouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workaholic spouse

So my husband of 3 years lives a state away. He is in upper management for a delivery company so his job is 24/7. He used to be here every other weekend but his ex wife moved out of state and her visitations with their kids stopped. So I never see him. September he came for our daughter’s birthday. Then he showed up late Christmas Eve. Couldn’t stay awake in the morning with a pile of kids unwrapping presents. He disappeared upstairs in the middle of it all. Slept all day until 5 pm and then left. Mid February he came up for an hour and had to fly out. I get no time with him and when I would go visit he was gone before I woke up. Would come home late and conference call and then pass out only to start it again there next day. I’m lonely. Indifferent. Communication about even finances does not happen and the accounts are bouncing. I feel like we have no relationship because even my texts get Ignored. Phone calls are rare and usually are interrupted by someone at work more important. I’m on the brink of a breakdown. Or finding affection somewhere else. Need advice 😢😢😢

Sorry to hear this is happening. Sounds awful. You need to make time to sit down and talk to him about this. But this seems to be the hard part. Are you able to meet up and discuss your concerns face to face?

Comment

This sounds like an awful situation. Would both of you be willing to see a marriage counselor? I think this would be too much for you to take on by yourself.

Comment

Working...
      X