Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brexit Anxiety and Worries About My Relationship, please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit Anxiety and Worries About My Relationship, please help!

Hi all, first time poster here looking for some advice.

Basically I am English and my GF is from Sweden. And in recent times i have become increasingly concerned about brexit and it's effects on my situation.

Really the question i ask is will people from the UK still be allowed to move abroad after brexit?
    I know freedom of movement is ending, so Im not asking about that. But i'm worried that people from the UK will no longer be allowed to move abroad anymore. That we will get banned or some such.

Now Sweden has different requiremnts for residency in place for EU and Non EU citizens. So thats good news. So hopefully after brexit we will just become Non EU citizens and will have to comply with individual countries entry requirements for non eu citizens.

I'm aware the idea of the British people being physically land locked and banned sounds ridiculous to some, but it really does worry me. I suffer highly from anxiety and these thoughts are killing my relationship. So I'm just looking for some advice, and for some people to tell me how silly I'm being.

So yes, do you guys think that the British will still be allowed to move to Europe after Brexit? Will we be banned? or do you think it's likely we will have to comply with Non Eu entry requirements for individual countries?

Please Help, many thanks

Ben

I would assume that we will be treated like any other Non-EU citizen. I don't think we would be made a special case by any country. I am a British Citizen living in the Republic of Ireland, and I have looked up my situation in the event of a no deal scenario. Thankfully I will be safe here either way, which is a relief, as I'm not really in a position to leave right now. Having said that, I am considering moving to the north in the future because of my LDR. It sounds like it would be easier for me to get my SO there than into the Republic.

I'll post a link to a page on the Gov.Uk site about living in Sweden. Hopefully that will help.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-sweden

Comment

Working...
    X