I am feeling so lost and discouraged in my LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am feeling so lost and discouraged in my LDR

Hi all. I'm brand new to this forum and am just looking for somewhere I can get advice from people that have been in my situation.

My LDR boyfriend and I met in college. We dated for 5 months before it became a LDR and we basically went from 3 minutes apart to a several hour drive.

For the past couple months I have really fallen into a deep hole of sadness and loneliness. We call each other daily and we try to see each other as often as possible. I know for some this may be great, since you might not get to see you LDR SO more than once or twice a year, but I've found it a very hard adjustment.

I've read a lot about how the success to LDRs is having some sort of set date to close the distance. We don't have that due to our job situations.

I've become really depressed and lonely (not new to me but in the past I've been able to deal with it and pull myself out rather quickly) thinking about how long it'll really be before we're really together. He gave me a time frame, and as much as I want to believe it, I've been so filled with disappointment lately I just don't know if I can have my hopes crushed again.

I guess I'm just really discouraged and I am emotionally drained. I love him more than anything but I miss doing normal couple things, like going on dates and out to fun events. I sometimes feel like we missed out on a whole step in our relationship where we get to see each other a few times a week while still living separate lives.

TLDR; No end in sight in closing distance of LDR. How do I address and work on my depression?
    Last edited by tooanon4u; March 2, 2019, 11:36 PM.

Most of us on here don't have an end date in sight, sure we have a rough guess of maybe in x amount of years it might happen, but we also all know life is unpredictable and that date might get moved. The most important thing for you to do is to communicate and still spend time together talking, having date nights, anything you can to still feel close when you can't be psychically. Having dates for visits is the easiest way to not feel so hopeless about this all, even if it's only a vague one for just now that can become a reality with more planning and such. Stay positive, plan for the future, and most importantly have fun together, the distance can't stop that. Best of luck
    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment