Feelings in a rough patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feelings in a rough patch

Hello! So, I'm in a rough patch with my bf, mostly from my end. For those of you who have had it, you know that your feelings are a bit messy and confused. That's how I am right now. I think of the future with and without him. I know we can make this work and this is just a rough patch, but having all these constant thoughts is pretty annoying. For those who have gone through rough patches with your SO's, how have you done it? How did you calm your feelings down so you wouldn't make any mistake you might regret later? And if you've had more than one, how do you remain strong and power through it even through all the confusion and hurt? This question goes out to anyone, be they in a short or long term relationship, married or not. Any sort of advice or talk about experiences you've had would be fine.

First of all, it’s ok to feel like this. Long distance relationships aren’t easy. For me the more time I spent with my now husband eased my mind. I also had serious talks face to face about what he saw as our future. Doing this face to face allowed me to see if he felt comfortable or not as over the phone he could’ve said what I wanted to hear. I guess for us, we were at an age where we wanted to settle down and figure out if we were wasting each other’s time or not. I guess being open and vulnerable like that really helped.

Comment

Working...
    X