Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loneliness

Hi everyone,

I am new here but was wondering how do you all cope with the loneliness especially on weekends. I have been with my partner for 6 months and we talk daily and I see him about every 6 weeks. We are in a committed relationship and we have told each other that we love each other. During this time apart I miss him more than I have ever missed anyone. I do have a life here as I am a single Mum to 3 children and have a professional career, as does my partner. I find that the weekends are the hardest time for me in our relationship as my 2 youngest children stay with their dad and my oldest child goes out with friends or spends the weekend with his girlfriend. I am even jealous of my oldest child as he gets to hang out with his partner and during this time I feel very sad and lonely. I really miss just being in the same room as my partner. I live in Australia and my partner lives in Papua New Guinea. My BFF here wants me to break up with my partner as she feels it is not worth it for me. She is also a few months off remarrying. She wants me to come around and hangout with her and her fiancé who I like. She doesn’t understand that it is really hard to hang around other couples when I am missing my partner. It feels like she is rubbing my nose in the fact that she can see her partner everyday and get that normal physicality of being with the person you love. Am I going insane or is this normal feelings. We also have an end date so I we do have a goal to work towards. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by MMM; March 10, 2019, 05:21 AM.

I get it. When my husband and I were LD I felt the same way. I always wanted to be with him. So on the weekends we couldn't be together we would FaceTime all.day, watch movies together, we would each cook dinner at the same time and eat together, and sometimes play games online together. It was hard but we made it work.
    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Working...
    X