Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do you know if you're in a rough patch or lost the spark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do you know if you're in a rough patch or lost the spark?

Hello everyone. So, right now, me and my bf are on break for a month or two. And I'm just very scared and very indecisive. I don't know if I'm in a rough patch or if this is the end of the relationship. If I love him or not. If we can survive with our goals being sort of different or not. Sure, we haven't seen each other in a year, but even though back when he still lived here we didn't see each other often, we still had nice moments, despite the problems he was having in his personal life. We only got into a crisis moment in February, on Valentine's Day and it sort of escalated from there. Now I'm all confused. I just don't know how I feel right now and I'm so very scared of choosing the incorrect thing. It's not fair to give up on this relationship so easily considering all we've already been through. And yet, because of all this, I'm such a mess right now. How did you guys know if it was a rough patch or the end? Do you have any advice? Any advice is appreciated.

It's a little difficult to understand your situation without more details. Do you want to get back together? Have you talked about goals moving forward?
    In the later early years of our relationship, we struggled with distance and took a couple breaks, but the reason I knew it couldn't be the end was the pain in my heart and my inability to stop talking to him even in the "break." That's just my personal experience, it may have absolutely no bearing for anyone else.
    sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm in PR and he is in the US. I'm in college with plans on doing a master's in another country and he works. I don't know if I want to spend most of my life traveling or settle down, and he wants a family. I don't know what my future might lead to. I might want to live someone near or far. And I'm just scared that if we do stay together, it'll just lead to resentment later on. Also, I'm still in the confusion of if my feelings have lessened because this is a rough patch, or if the spark is just gone.
      Last edited by Arialeon81; March 19, 2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X