Dealing With Lonliness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing With Lonliness

Hello to all! A brief run down, I’m from the US and my fiancé is from the UK. A little over 5,000 miles apart. I’ve met him about five times in person, each time usually for almost three weeks (which, don’t get me wrong, I am so incredibly grateful for. I have seen couples who can only see their significant other once every few years. I am grateful that I have been able to see mine is much).

Each time we part, the lonliness gets worse and worse, and lasts longer and longer. I’m not a person who is easy to cry, but being apart from him makes me so emotional and heart broken, to the point where I feel like every day I could just burst into tears. Usually the lonliness starts to get a little better about a week after we’ve parted, as I settle back into life and school and work. But it’s been almost two weeks, and I still feel as miserable as the day I left him to come back home. Nights are especially the worst, but even through the whole day I just feel empty and sad.

Does anyone have any tips for dealing with this....? It’s seriously interfering with my life this time around. I feel no motive to go to school or work, just because of how bad the lonliness is. I would appreciate any help that can be given.

I hated good byes in my previous LDR and it always took me a while to get back to normal. I dont know if I ever did. But we had no time difference and stayed in touch all throughout the day. Probably even too much as it interfered with my daily routine things I had to do.
    Do you guys have a plan on how and when you will close the distance? LDRs are not supposed to be LDRs forever and I feel like after some time people should have figured out if they want to get married etc.or not. LDRs are rigid when it comes to closing the distance because in cases of international relationships people must get married to reunite. So you two need to figure out what you want from the future and have a plan. When there us a goal, I feel like it's easier to make future plans and time goes by faster.

Having said that, I am in LDR with my husband at the moment. He is in the US and I am in Russia with our child. Time difference is 10 hours and he works full time. We are unable to chat all the time. We only call for about 20 minutes daily on his way to work. It has been hard on me because it is hard to keep emotional closeness when you only get to talk 20 minutes a day...and u have been feeling so discouraged that I dont even know how to bring that emotional closeness into our relationship. We know the distance will end but in our case I have fears that we will grow apart and become strangers and our family will fall apart. We have a child and expecting another. I feel i have way too much to loose of we become strangers. He is alone in the US with all of the free time on weekends and evenings while I am pregnant with a toddler living with my parents. So I have fears sometimes. Today is one of my low days....

Comment

Working...
    X