X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling disconnected

Hello all,

I need some advice.
    My boyfriend and I have been dating for six months now and we have a wonderful and strong relationship. I am moving to his country in another six months and I plan to spend my life with him. Despite all this, every couple months or so I suddenly have a really weird feeling and start to doubt our relationship/if I love him. It should be noted I have OCD and severe anxiety, I'm on medication and go to a psychologist. Anyways, when I get this feeling, I start to notice all these little things that I don't like about my boyfriend and I get annoyed easily. It's different than falling out of love because in my heart I still feel full of love for him and have a strong urge to make him happy, it's something different. This feeling of "disconnection" always leaves after a few days or a week, this time I have been feeling it for about four days. This feeling comes so randomly to me and it's quite devastating because I love my boyfriend dearly and I know this stresses him out a lot as well because he doesn't understand it.

Has anyone ever felt this before, or have any advice on how to reconnect/spark joy with my boyfriend again?

Thank you in advance!

Perhaps not as severely, but I can definitely relate to going through days of just feeling disconnected and irritable. I've found it has a pretty direct correlation to how long it's been since we've had physical contact (like hugging, etc) or what time of the month it is for me. Not sure how that bodes for me long term, but I'll figure it out once we close the distance. It's not wasting time to go through moving in together if you are enjoying life long the way, in my opinion.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X