Your dream home together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your dream home together!

Have you talked about your dream home with your SO?

I'm guessing this will turn out to be one for the girls

Tanja has it planned down to the finest detail, it's quite extraordinary really :/

Is your dream home totally different to what your SO would like? Is there anything they want that you definitely wouldn't be happy with?
    In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
    Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
    Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
    My dog Sam ♥

hmm well we havent really talked about it in detail lol We both agree on gettin an appartment first and than later when kids come a nice house But how it all looks like, where it's at and so on is still up in the clouds.
    I did once have a couple of daydreams with one appartment and I fell in love with how it looked. I still have it all detailed in my mind and if I could find somethin like that it'd be perfect. But I think as for startin off a life together I'll be fine with everythin that isnt too tiny and has a bed, bathroom and kitchen ^^ lol

Comment

we've talked about it and we don't really care what kind of place we have. Just as long as we are under one roof...that is good enough for us. But I think we both prefer something small. Less to clean haha.
      it's not a dream anymore, it's worth fighting for

Comment

Looks around....I am living in it. This is my dream home...and he loves it here...just now need him here. I have a huge Italian Villa looking home...with 4 bedrooms..2 full baths...LR, DR, Kitchen, Family Room...beautiful old world side porch and deck off the back...great yard with a side yard with gorgeous flower gardens. AHHH I love my home.
        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

We usually talk about getting an apartment together, and then having a nice house when we start planning on having kids (and pets ). I haven't really decided what I want in a house, I know I just want to be the one to decorate the interior haha.

Comment

Kevin and I have had very serious talks about a home, but we've come up with two things!

The more serious situation is that we both agree we want to live in the country outside of a small town. We want acres and acres of land that has not been disturbed by humans. The house has to be big enough for us and our children and preferably natural looking (maybe log cabin like, with unfinished wood detail)

The dreamy fun house has been decided for when we win the lottery (lol) we will have a house on 300 acres of land and be directly in the center! We will have undisturbed land and lots of four wheelers. He says if we win the lottery I can have all the animals I want! I want a cow, a Savannah cat, Lots of rescued dogs, a pygmy goat, chickens, and a duck!

Comment

I haven't had this conversation yet, but i bet we may butt heads at some point. See he likes modern while I like history so it might cause problems.

I know it will probably be a case of him making the decisions and me just telling him if I like it or hate it. I'm not that fussed to be honest, I know what I like and I know what I don't though. I know we both like just clean colors, so at least there will be no fights about floral wall paper or anything. We both can't wait to decorate though, it seems like it's going to be fun!

and i will not me happy with-

Ultra ultra modern/minimalism- doesn't feel like home, more of a show room
              Lots of ornaments etc- lots remind me of my grandma's house, I think we will find a happy medium
              No gaudy patterns!- be it down to china or wallpaper, it's clean block colors or i will go insane.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
              <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
              The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
              <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
              <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
              Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
              Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

We haven't discussed anything like that.. but I know what I don't want:
                To live in the country.
                I lived on a small farm growing up, and while I liked having animals around me (I still do) keeping a place like that is just too much work.. and I'm not really the outdoors-y type so kudos to my parents for having the determination and love for country life - I'm just more cut out for life closer to the city.

But first an apartment - doesn't have to be that big - but I need it to have a little balcony - preferrably from the bedroom.. And a decent-sized bathroom!

My dream home could be anywhere in the world, situated close to the sea! Maybe in the outskirts of the suburbs where everything isn't that crammed together. But still close enough to go to the city centre by bike.. hehe, tough one, huh?

An old, charming, two story house with a big balcony, and a big garden with fruit trees, a little vegetable garden, a couple of chickens, a swing, outside dining table and a hammock.

Inside: wooden rafters and an interior with lots of colors (can't stand the white/black/beige tendency going on right now..), long, flowing curtains and a big bathroom (painted in a warm, earthy shade red/orange) with a spacious shower (not a plastic cubicle and NO shower curtain.. eek, they get so icky) and a guest toilet.
                I don't need that much space, but I'd like there to be room for three kids, a dog, a couple of cats and me and my SO

NO minimalistic, modern house in a weird shape.. I love the old and half-worn look

Comment

Me and my SO not only talked about but I also started drawing the floor plans. Since we both have our of views of a dream home, when we meet in person we are going to bring the two together with the best of both.
                  "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
                  "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
                  "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

we wanna live in North Carolina, and at some point i wanna have our own home. have a kitchen, living room dowstairs and all the bedrooms and bathroom are upstairs, have a medium sized yard to put a swimming pool and to have people over

Comment

We haven't really talked about this. But we both want to buy a little house. Also because I hate apartments. I need my quietness. It doesn't have to be big though. We already lived together for 5 weeks in a kinda small holiday house and it was perfect. Small, but perfect. Because we were together.

Comment

We have already started to compile a list of possible cities. Currently there are four and our goal by next summer is that there will be 10. When it is time to add two cities to the list, we each pick three, do some research on them and then share and then I choose one from his list, and he chooses one from mine. Regardless of where we'll be, the plan is to be in the same city in June of 2010! At that point maybe I'll start thinking about our dream home? Or even an apartment together? SCARY! hehehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Karringtyn View Post
                          Looks around....I am living in it. This is my dream home...and he loves it here...just now need him here. I have a huge Italian Villa looking home...with 4 bedrooms..2 full baths...LR, DR, Kitchen, Family Room...beautiful old world side porch and deck off the back...great yard with a side yard with gorgeous flower gardens. AHHH I love my home.
                          Hmm.... do you have room for me?

Comment

My SO doesn't seem to bothered about what sort of house we live on, so long as it's not a farm XD To start off with we'll be in a small flat or house whilst I'm at university, then when i've finished and we're thinking of starting a family we'll find our own house somewhere. I'd love something in a small town, or village. I couldn't live in a city after having lived on the isle of man. It's just too different, noisy, wild and a bit scary. I want just a normal house, nothing extremely modern though. I'd prefer old worn bricks or stone and it has to have a garden, with grass. My guy doesn't understand why i like grass so much. I was shocked when he was telling me how they don't have grass in their gardens there, but i want to grow a garden and make it beautiful. I will also paint the inside of our house lots of colours, because i don't like just plain white and browns and boring modern stuff. I think it'll be fun, decorating together. It doesn't have to be big, just big enough for me, my SO and maybe 2 or 3 kids, ooh and also a cat XD

Comment

Originally posted by NikkiP View Post
                              Hmm.... do you have room for me?
                              LOL!!! It's funny cuz I always wanted a huge home...but honestly...it's now too big....but I love it anyway.
                              NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X